We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Tropic Cafe

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,894 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Tropic Cafe

We ate at the Blue Tropic Cafe last night...excellent meal...it was a little pricey for Bequia, with appetizers being $35.EC, entrees $80.EC, dessert $25.EC, plus drinks and wine, but the food was wonderful, beautifully presented, delightful setting...very classy, a delightful treat...seems the chef's are transitional, with new ones coming in and out, nobody staying more than a few months at a time, but if they are all as talented as the current chef, Henrik, the Blue Tropic will do well for itself once they establish a clientele...I was a happy camper since one of their bar Scotch is Glenlivet, instead of the usual Johnny Walker that most people seem to have here...

The hotel has been redone tastefully in what my husband called Banana Republic, though I think he means Tommy Bahama style...very nice...classy, clean lines, right over the beach...

If you go, there is parking along the roadside...just drive past their well lit sign, and just past the old Bequia Beach Club drive and get beyond the speed bump and pull over along the fence...

Alaska
Level Contributor
372 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Tropic Cafe

How far away is the Blue Tropic Cafe from the Sugarapple Inn? It seems it is in the same area... am I right?

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Tropic Cafe

We went here yesterday. Food was fantastic.two minute walk form one to the other

Alaska
Level Contributor
372 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Tropic Cafe

Awesome - thank you!!

4. Re: Blue Tropic Cafe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 18:17