We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bequia Beach Hotel - Friendship Bay

London
6 posts
Save Topic
Bequia Beach Hotel - Friendship Bay

Have just returned from Bequia. We, with a number of other guests, were fortunate to find this hotel after our experiences of other hotels and villas on the island.

We can thoroughly recommend Bequia Beach Hotel in Friendship Bay. It is a brand new hotel - they are still building on on adjacent plots but it isn't intrusive. It is a fantastic boutique hotel, Swedish owned and run. The rooms are very well appointed with all mod cons and balcony/veranda. Aircon makes sticky days bearable.

The staff are quite excellent. The Blue Tropic cafe has an excellent menu catering for European tastes. Other facilities include infinity pool, private beach area, palm tree grove and beach bar. The beach is a 2 minute walk. The best thing is that this is one of the few places on the island where mosquitoes don't plague you.

SVG
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bequia Beach Hotel - Friendship Bay

Hm....in your post at 5.56 you have just returned from Palm Island. In your post from 6 something you have just returned from Bequia. In one post you reply to someone else about how fantastic Bequia Beach Hotel is, how fantastic the staff is etc and then you go on a post a brand new post stating the exact same text.

Your text looks more like you are one of the owner of the hotel than a guest. The way it is written I would say you are here promoting your own place...

That happens a lot on TripAdvisor. And let me ask you, how do you know that this is one of the few places where mosquitos don't plague you? I have been to the neighbour place and got bitten all over.

London
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bequia Beach Hotel - Friendship Bay

Sure. We did a round trip Barbados/Union/Palm/Bequia. Our first trip to the Caribbean. And this is my first venture onto Trip Advisor.

The first place we stayed at on Bequia for 5 days was very rudimentary and so infested with mosquitoes that we had to find somewhere more conduisive for a honeymoon. One other couple staying at BBH had a similar experience at another hotel. Our enthusiasm for BBH is based on the immediate preceding experience. Having been thoroughly bitten at Industry, Lower Bay and Adams Bay Beach we found that the constant breeze at BBH kept the mozzies at bay. Others found the same.

I work in the motor industry not hospitality, so this isn't an advert 'for my own place'. You will also note that I have not 'dissed' the hotel prior to BBH. I am sorry that your reaction to our enthusiasm and postings is cynical.

Trip Advisor is to share experiences - ours was a good one at Palm and BBH.

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bequia Beach Hotel - Friendship Bay

they have invented new stuff to repell muzzys.There called coils, nets,sprays and lotions.

London
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bequia Beach Hotel - Friendship Bay

Trip adviser is such a good idea. What a pity it allows participation by a cynical, facetious and uninformed minority.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
351 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bequia Beach Hotel - Friendship Bay

Mosquitos? I was there 1/22-1/31 never saw one and never was bit.

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,878 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bequia Beach Hotel - Friendship Bay

I live here year round and the mossies haven't been bad at all this winter...don't even need the net, or coils...we do however spray our legs when we go out for dinner as you never know where they might be hiding, but that is a precaution, not a necessity...I imagine some places low lying nearer to the water might have issues from standing water...after all we have had a lot of rain this winter...

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bequia Beach Hotel - Friendship Bay

went to the whaleboner last night.Not a single muzzie. The place ROCKED. I recommend it. We will be going there every monday.Didnt eat but the restaurant was full.

Alaska
Level Contributor
372 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bequia Beach Hotel - Friendship Bay

Glad you had a good time! We had looked at the Bequia Beach Hotel as well, though decided on another less expensive alternative. We may visit their restaurant however! Thank you for writing a review! Sounds like a great honeymoon...

9. Re: Bequia Beach Hotel - Friendship Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 09:19