We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vicious dogs at the plantation house

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
vicious dogs at the plantation house

we walk to the plantation beach every day for a swim.yesterdayI was walking toward (michel the man who looks after the property)When out of the blue 2 vicius dogs attacked me. I was bitten 5 to 6 times on the legs and buttocks.The atatack was completly unprovked.I went to the hospital for stiches and a tetenus shot.I was not trespassing at the time as I had permission to walk the place by Michel himself.So if you are thinking of walkig that property think again. The attack was just behind the pool.I wouldnt want to think of what would happen if a couple of children where in the same situation as me.So BEWARE.Ricardo

Michigan
Level Contributor
491 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vicious dogs at the plantation house

Holy cow! Hope you are recovering well.

Has someone now contained the dogs? Are they under lock & key somewhere?

UK
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: vicious dogs at the plantation house

Did the dogs know you had permission to be there?

If you were going to the beach what were you doing behind the pool? You dont need to go anywhere near the pool to get to the beach. Lots of people are thinking its ok to go and snoop around there and thats why there are dogs there.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,851 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vicious dogs at the plantation house

wow...nice answer! Use your head! Ricardo so sorry to hear about the attack. Naturally you had permission. There is NO excuse for vicious dogs to be loose on this unfenced property. God help a child wandering down to the shore or fishing on the pier as they have been allowed to do for years! I have only encountered one vicious dog in my many trips to the Island. It was taken off the streets by a woman at Lower Bay but is still very aggressive toward other dogs. Hopefully the authorities on Bequia will take care of this right away. Since you sought medical care surely there was a report. Hope this does not spoil you long lovely Holiday! Many use the path inside the wall to access the beach when the tide is in!!

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vicious dogs at the plantation house

the reason I was behind the pool is I was walking toward Michel to have a talk with him.I did report the attack to the police.and to the person in the uk thanks for your snide reply .Im sure glad all the people we have met from the UK does not have your attitude.DONT BOTHER WITH A REPLY NOONE WANTS TO HEAR YOUR DRIVEL.

USA
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vicious dogs at the plantation house

Sorry to hear about the attack. And I am equally sorry to read someone's post suggesting that somehow it was your fault. That is absurd. I like dogs but I hope these particular dogs that attacked you are sent to the nearest Korean restaurant.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,362 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vicious dogs at the plantation house

Very well put onekbear.

Unfortunately, there is a small minority of people, in the UK, who seem to think that dogs can do no wrong.

slicricky,

I hope you make a speedy recovery.

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: vicious dogs at the plantation house

thanks all for you kind concerns.I go to the hospital this morning to get everything checked out.I cant sit down to well lol.I will check the resturaunts here and see if they have any Canine ala orange on the menu.(korean stye) ILMAO.OUCH that hurt.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,851 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: vicious dogs at the plantation house

Hope the ck up goes well! While you're healing Happy Hour may have to start early. The salt water should help the healing process.

kent, uk
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: vicious dogs at the plantation house

Errr, won't even dignify that negative comment, this is a vicious attack on someone have a heart, and a bit of common sense!

There is a big problem with stray dogs on the island. My recent trip incuured more howling in the night than crickets croaking! every where we went there were dogs fighting.

A few months ago, my cousin spent the night at a friends and took his dog. In the morning they found sparkle (his dog) with its entire throat in tatters..attacked by some other stray dogs in that area.

The vet was called but wasn't available..in the end, the doctor attempted to sow sparkle up the best he could.

Sadly, sparkle died last month, we don't think he ever recovered from the attack.

so, we all need to be aware, and the numerous stray dogs need to be contained.

Be well Ricky, and make sure you dip in the sea everyday for some salt water healing.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,851 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: vicious dogs at the plantation house

there has always been the howling at night, partially due to the dogs which are restrained and the wandering goats! Still, in recent years i know there has been an introduction of the pit bull line I had not seen before on Bequia. Coupled with the lack of spay and neutering seems a big problem could be brewing as is so prevalent elsewhere in the Caribbean. Ricardo hope you are feeling better this afternoon!