We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Captain Mac's restaurant overlooking Port Elizabeth

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,972 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Captain Mac's restaurant overlooking Port Elizabeth

Finally had the opportunity to eat at Captain Mac's today...we had lunch there...excellent Ox Tail Soup and fries...Neither of us had ever had Ox Tail Soup before, but we certainly will again...

Location is good with a view out to boats in Admiralty Bay...

It would be a great spot to have a cool drink while waiting for any of the ferries to come in, or to watch sunset...right behind the Rasta Fruit and Veggie Market...

Service was lacking, the waitress wasn't very motivated, but the food was excellent...

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,133 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Captain Mac's restaurant overlooking Port Elizabeth

Thanks for the info! Who is the Owner do you know? I love the ox tail soup that the Salty Dog has every Saturday. Have to get there early as the Locals call in orders for it in the morning before they even open! Always wondered why they don't just add it to the menu. Seems like several new places have opened this yr, hope they can all weather the down season.

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Captain Mac's restaurant overlooking Port Elizabeth

Hi from Grenada. Im glad to hear you meal was good at cptn macs ours was terrible. I ordered chicken pot pie and it came as a bowl of slop. No crust.My wife had just chicken and had the runs for 2 days .The service was not there at all.Two couples went at different times. One waited an hour than was told there was no chef. the other couple waited 45 minutes then left for cocos.So on a scale of 10 they get a 1 for the view. As I mentioned we are now in Grenada and will post a review of our 3 month vacation.Hi to everyone who is still in Bequia.

Mentioned in this post
Grenada
Grenada
Caribbean
Picton, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Captain Mac's restaurant overlooking Port Elizabeth

We had lunch twice and dinner once at Captain Mack's during our 3 week stay in March. Loved the place. Crab backs and Hairoun for lunch was excellent. Lobster dinner was a good portion but a little tough. The service was fairly normal for Bequia. Remember you're in the Caribbean and things move to a different beat. The owners are the folks who used to have a place a Hope Bay. Bought their homemade hot sauce home with us. It is the best!

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,133 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Captain Mac's restaurant overlooking Port Elizabeth

Enjoyed the view at the tiny Hope location. Mixed reviews are pretty typical for new places on the Island. Hopefully growing pains. Ricardo, hope you are having a good visit to Grenada!

Mentioned in this post
Grenada
Grenada
Caribbean
Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Captain Mac's restaurant overlooking Port Elizabeth

Lets hope that people dont get cofused between CPT MACS AND Macs pizza.

Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Captain Mac's restaurant overlooking Port Elizabeth

my sentiments exactly! Too bad about Capt' Mack's though - was hoping they would serve good food.

The other Mac's ( the Pizzeria ) is spelled differently I think ...............

Picton, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Captain Mac's restaurant overlooking Port Elizabeth

Captain Mack's does serve good food! Don't believe everything you read.

Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Captain Mac's restaurant overlooking Port Elizabeth

PMC you are right - one should not judge without trying a place a couple of times. I personally LOVE

oxtail soup ( had it for the first time at Salty Dog last year )and if they have it on the menu when I visit I will give it a try .............

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,972 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Captain Mac's restaurant overlooking Port Elizabeth

I know my husband and I will certainly go back...

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Captain Mac's restaurant overlooking Port Elizabeth

hey PMC where do you eat in toronto . Macdonalds

Get answers to your questions about Bequia