We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in lower bay area

Yarmouth Port...
Level Contributor
28 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in lower bay area

Can anyone suggest any good restaurants in lower bay, Bequia.

We are staying right on lower bay beach?

Also explain what price range the restaurant has.

Thanks in advance!

World
Level Contributor
1,995 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in lower bay area

the best restaurant is Nando's (Fernando's Hideaway) - reservations required - listed in the phonebook under Fernando Morgan. Prirces very reasonable - 20US or so per person for a three course meal. Drinks extra. Only open for dinner

For lunch on the beach, De Reef and Dawn's are both very good. Prices dead reasonable as well - say US10-15 or less. Both do dinners as well (reservations required at Dawn's or they won't open). Apart gfrom lobster, the most expensive (and delicious) item is De Reef's shrimp at 45EC

Keegans does a great little local BBQ night - again about 15-20US

New restaurant called "Can't remember the name" - breakfast OK - about 10US. Can't comment on lunches and dinner.

Michigan
Level Contributor
455 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in lower bay area

Tuna melts at DeReef are good - thin slices of cucumber add a really nice crunch to the sandwich. My kids ate ice cream there often. I *think* it was about $12.00EC for the tuna melt.

Can't Remember the Name has a really good BLT and a good ceasar salad. Prices here were about the same - $12EC for a sandwich.

Jack's just over on Princess Margaret has great lunch food - pita melt, pizza and fish sandwich were all good.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
164 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in lower bay area

I've eaten at all the places discussed, but I'll add a little commentary on Can't Remember the Name since it's new. We had dinner there in March. When we arrived, they asked if we had a reservation (typical question). I looked around and the place was empty (so I kinda laughed to myself). Later, two other couples showed up (but that was it). It was midweek. Nice surprise was that the Country Relatives played that night. Very nice. We had the pasta and shrimp, a chicken entree I can't remember of, and some drinks. Total was somewhere around US$50. Overall, food was average-to-good. 2 or 3 stars out of 5.

For lunch, my favorite is De Reef. I love those melted ham & cheese sammys with the slices of cucumber and the hot sauce on the side.

Nando's, as Curiousx says, is probably the best overall for dinner.

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in lower bay area

Shhhh...don't tell anybody about Nando's...we don't want anybody else to know...

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in lower bay area

as Rosemary aka curiousx says nandos food is great but I was still hungry when I left . Small portions but good food.

6. Re: Restaurants in lower bay area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 02:16
Get answers to your questions about Bequia