....and put me out of my misery! I've been researching for what seems like forever for our next vacation. I'm determined not to go to the type of all-inclusive that we normally have gone to. You know the kind - all you really see of the country is what you view from the bus to and from the resort. Don't get me wrong - many have been nice, but it's just not the kind of vacation I want anymore. This time I started off with Barbados, then St. John, then Virgin Gorda, then Tortola, then Jost Van Dyke, then St. Vincent, then Bequia, then Grenada, then Union, then back to Bequia, then Carriacou, then Nevis, back to Bequia, then Bimini, then Bayahibe, and back to Bequia! Aaaaaiiiiieeeeee!!!! My fingers are cramped, my shoulders are tensed, my eyeballs are totally crossed and I'm on my last nerve. I have a strong feeling I may be on Paul's (fiance) last nerve too. Oh well, what's a little angst between loved ones? :)
I feel pathetic and crazed. One of my problems is price. I seem to be one of those people who have champagne taste on a beer budget. We want to go for the entire month of February, but will also consider January and March. Since flying there from eastern Canada is quite costly, and we'll probably want to rent a car for at least some of the time and other expenses, our villa budget is $5000. Oddly enough, I have found quite a few villas within that monthly budget on Bequia, some even less, and some with a car rental thrown in. And since something keeps drawing me back to Bequia, I think iI need to stop hopping around and focus my search here or die trying!
I have a hard time trusting the photos, because who is really going to post an unflattering photo of their rental? I read someone's post that said they were shocked at what the place looked like as it was nothing like the photos. Therefore, I don't trust myself to choose one without getting first hand knowledge from you guys. I've been lurking in my misery for a loooong time now, stalking the experts you could say. All the villas have run together in my mind, which is likely why it's feeling so clogged up in there. There's a good chance all this info is swelling my brain to the point where my brain cells are exploding at a fast rate. Save me before I'm a goner!
Here's what I would like, and yes, I've seen plenty that I would love to stay in that are too expensive. Sometimes I loathe to click that rate button! :)
1. There are two of us, both adults or at least a reasonably close facsimile. I beg you....don't judge me by this post. There are times when I'm actually quite sane.
2. I really want a private villa with a pool instead of an apartment/hotel type accommodation.
3. From listening to the above-mentioned experts, I'd like to stay in walking distance of Long Bay or PM, although I have seen some nice ones within my budget in other areas. I saw one over budget that was called Industry Beach Estate. The landscaping, pool and privacy really caught my eye. I wondered why I couldn't find any mention of it by vacationers anywhere.
4. I'm thinking we should be on a hill to catch the breezes which will help keep the mossies away as well. I don't do well in the heat and humidity, but am fine as long as I have a breeze or can go in at least one air conditioned room to cool off. I love those ones that have an infinity pool overlooking a gorgeous beach below. Heaven!!!
3. I can do without the maid service to keep costs down if possible. Some have washers, and if not, I'm sure there's a laundry somewhere. As I'm used to doing my own cleaning., I don't want to be too pampered. LOL!
Please God, (and you posters), help me...unless you're too angry with me for making such a ridiculously long post. I hope I didn't subconsciously have a desire to make others as miserable as myself!