We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight times and prices

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
879 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Flight times and prices

Wow, the fare increases are really apparent now. To those of you planning your trip for 2009 have you all bought plane tickets yet? I am trying to get it out of the way in the next two months because I fear the fares will only continue to increase.

Does anyone know how long the flight is from Barbados to Bequia?

We are trying to decide if it's worth an extra $150 per person to do Boston-Barbados-Bequia as opposed to Boston-SanJuan-St. Vincent-Bequia (on the ferry).

Any thoughts or experiences on this? We've done the latter the last two years. The ferry is always fun but LIAT raised prices quite a bit and we all know their track record.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
new york
Level Contributor
114 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight times and prices

Flight rates fluctuate.I cancelled a trip I had on hold for Tradewind Cruise because the flights were expensive.This morning the flight dropped $200.00 So keep checking.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
488 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight times and prices

The flight from Barbados to Bequia is about 45-60 minutes....could also depend whether you stop in Mustique first to let off passengers.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Mustique
Mustique
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Connecticut
Level Contributor
360 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight times and prices

Michelle: I'm in the process for booking January 2009 trip. Tickets are up only $39 for the each of us. I don't want to take any chances.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
879 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight times and prices

Our flights from Boston to San Juan went up by $100 per person round trip and then LIAT went up $52.00. Also, now there is only one direct flight from Boston to San Juan this year.

Making the Barbados option more attractive.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
165 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight times and prices

If you want to do the BOS-BGI-Bequia route, you'll need to connect thru JFK and get the AM direct flight to BGI. It's a very early departure out of Logan to JFK. This route will put you in BGI with enough time (I think) to catch the SVG Air to Bequia. On the return, it's a early afternoon departure out of BGI.

I've done the JFK-BGI-Bequia (SVG Air) option. First, I hate connecting thru Miami, so a direct flight to BGI is a plus. Second, I didn't have to deal with LIAT. For me, it was worth it.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
879 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight times and prices

Yeah, my only issue with JFK is that I always get delayed whenever I fly through there. We have either JFK or Miami options and both get us to Barbados by 2:45pm. Should be enough time to catch the 4:00pm flight to Bequia.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
165 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight times and prices

If your connection in MIA is an hour or less, you could cut it very close if your flight out of BOS is delayed. Good luck in whatever you decide.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
360 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight times and prices

Michelle, I always leave from JFK. The first year, January 28, the second year January 21, the third year January 22. No delays except the second year by an hour for de-icing. Air Jamaica to Barbados, then Mustique to Bequia right now is $1038/person. I will avoid at all cost flying into St. Vincent. I love the direct flight to Bequia. Last two times, I was able to shave 3-4 hours and was able to get my feet on Bequia much, much sooner.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Mustique
Mustique
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
879 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight times and prices

That makes me feel better about your JFK experiences. I guess I have just had bad luck. : )

Also to be fair, all my previous flights out of JFK were late in the day/evening and I hear this is when it is more likely to be delayed.

I'm going to check Air Jamaica as well. I would need to get a cheap flight to JFK, but they are sometimes out there.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
165 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flight times and prices

When are you looking at going?

Get answers to your questions about Bequia