We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day sail recommendations?

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Day sail recommendations?

I'm looking for recommendations on boats that take day sails. I've seen good things about the Friendship Rose, but nothing on any of the other boats listed at Bequiatourism.com.

Thanks!

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day sail recommendations?

Hi cibilant: try Michael's Tours, He goes to Isle de Quatre and prepares a beach picnic. e-mail michaeltoursbequia@yahoo.com

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day sail recommendations?

Thanks slicricky. I've just sent him mail.

World
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day sail recommendations?

note that Michael's boat is not a sailboat but diesel.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Day sail recommendations?

Try the Classic topsail Schooner Passat - Run by Peter & Miriam they are just starting to run Day Sails from Bequia - loveley people -excellent food - and a classic stedy Boat with plenty of Deckspace - unheitatingly reccomended

Australia
Level Contributor
361 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day sail recommendations?

I will chime in about Friendship Rose. I had a wonderful day with this charter, we went from Bequia to Tobago Cays. Really good food and service, high standards. We took dozens of pictures because she is so beautiful, sailing on a schooner is an unforgettable experience. Liat lost our luggage, and friendly crew lend me their sunscreen. They also dropped us off on Canouan on our way back (like that we didn't have to come back to Bequia and look for transfer to Canouan from there). They also have a lovely boutique in Bequia, their t-shirts have very elegant imprints.

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day sail recommendations?

I would also agree with openshaw we had a great two day trip on the Passat and the owners were really lovely and would adapt things around what we wanted to do. Highly recommend.

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day sail recommendations?

you can also rent michel tours boat for the day and he will take you whereever you want.Drinks included but you bring your own food or eat where you go.$700.00 us for the entire day up to 8 people.

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day sail recommendations?

if your looking for a couple more on the boat we may be interested depending where your wanting to go.

Dallas
Level Contributor
158 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day sail recommendations?

Hi Cibilant,

Michael Tours is just great. It is a fishing boat and does not really sleep people for overnight. Last Christmas we sailed with Nicki and Christina on the Nicola IV. We are all sailors and found Nicki to be just excellent. First time I ever sailed off a mooring - never used the motor leaving Admiralty Bay! Christina is a wonderful cook and we caught our dinner each night (Tuna!). Anyway, I highly recommend Nicky and Christina. VEry comfortable for 4. Their email is: nicola111@bequia.net. And their Bequia cell is 495-4229. Have fun!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Day sail recommendations?

What are the normal prices for day trips from Bequia? We are staying in St. Lucia for a week in July and are debating either taking a day sailing/snorkleing trip from there, or just staying over a few nights in the Grenadines and exploring around at a more relaxed pace. I do know the day trips from St. Lucia are fairly expensive. But its our honeymoon, and my future husband's one request is a sailing trip!!

Any info would be great!

THanks

Get answers to your questions about Bequia