We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portofino Bequia

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Portofino Bequia

Is the Portofino still in business? Their emails bounce and their phone is answered as disconnected. They had some apartments that were inexpensive that I was interested in.

England
Level Contributor
749 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Portofino Bequia

No Portofino (and its associated accommodation) has, unfortunately, closed. The owners Pam & Tommy decided to concentrate their efforts on running their other place, Tommy Cantina.

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Portofino Bequia

we had one of our best meals at the portofino.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Portofino Bequia

I really enjoyed the meals we had there. They also seemed to have very good deals on some rooms behind the restaurant, but I guess the deals were too good to be true.

So many restaurants were very under filled last February when we were there that I wondered how they could survive. I guess we are now seeing the fallout.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
333 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Portofino Bequia

Ate there once. Never went back.

England
Level Contributor
749 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Portofino Bequia

I understand that a lot of places are suffering due to a lack of visitors, an unfortunate sign of the times. I will, however, do my very best to shore up the economy by frequenting as many of the hostelries as I can during my upcoming visit next month!

Dallas
Level Contributor
163 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Portofino Bequia

Thats too bad. We really enjoyed Portofino. I will say that we visited Tommy Cantina a couple times last month and were very impressed. We are from Texas and are very picky about our mexican food and I was very critical of them when they opened (it really was not very good). Well, I am happy to report that it is MUCH improved and the food was great. Its a great place to stop for an taco @ lunch time as well.

7. Re: Portofino Bequia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Bequia