We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Bequia

New York
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Christmas in Bequia

Hey all-- this will be our second Xmas in Bequia (thank you jet Blue!) and we will be with 2 kids (10 and 12)--we figured we should book the Frangipani for Xmas eve since it seems the most lively-- but any other suggestions are welcome! also, any ideas for Christmas day itself?

Barbados
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Bequia

Yea yea yea, this will be my first Christmas and Old Years Night and looming for suggestions on what likely to be happening Christmas Eve and Boxing Day. Doing the Friendship Rose cruise to the Cays on Christmas Day.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Bequia

Many people go down to the harbour on Old Years night to hang out, listen to music and watch the fireworks bursting over the water at midnight. The fireworks are very good and last about 15 minutes non-stop. Some of the yachts in the harbour fire off their out-of-date flares at the same time.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Bequia

i thought fireworks were illegal in svg

where do you get them

i tried to get some for a party in vincy

and drew a blank

thanks alan

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in Bequia

A long-time visitor to Bequia looks after getting the fireworks, but I do not know where. They are the kind that are set off electronically and they use the sand barge in the harbour to do so.

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas in Bequia

It's Sir James Mitchell, our ex Prime Minister who fundraises on behalf of the Bequia New Years Eve Celebration Committee to bring in the fireworks for New Years/Old Years...we just got the annual letter looking for contributions...

Anybody interested in making a contribution to the New Years Eve fireworks display can send a cheque payable to: Bequia New Year's Eve Celebration c/o P.O.box 128BQ, Bequia, or cheques can be delivered to Sir James at the Frangipani Hotel

Escondido...
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas in Bequia

We watched the Old Years night fireworks last year, from the balcony of one of Sargeant's apartments over the Marine museum in Ocar. Fantastic show -- I was amazed how long it went on and what varied fireworks. On the beach or downtown would have been even more dramatic, but I was in my jammies.

7. Re: Christmas in Bequia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2010, 05:18