We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mangos Beach Bar & Grill (Prev. ICRTN)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
317 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Mangos Beach Bar & Grill (Prev. ICRTN)

The sign just went up for Mangos Beach Bar & Grill in Lower Bay at the previous Can't Remember The Name. I believe that Stan is involved but not 100% sure.

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mangos Beach Bar & Grill (Prev. ICRTN)

Hey Mango Mad...tell us more if you get a chance...

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mangos Beach Bar & Grill (Prev. ICRTN)

For that location I think they need cold beer and middle of the road decent but not costly food. The last attempt at a gourmet establishment was a bit over the top. Their lunch, burger and a beer for relatively little money last year was worth the visit. Their dinners were not.

Over the past few years the establishments in Lower Bay have seemed a bit under patronized. Fernandos and De Reef seem to do OK and the rest seem light on patrons.

UK
Level Contributor
600 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Mangos Beach Bar & Grill (Prev. ICRTN)

Tough job for anyone setting up in Lower Bay when you're competing against the unbeatable location of De Reef by day and the food , good value and atmosphere of Nando's by night, so I wish them well in coming up with a winning formula ....I'm sure there's the custom if they pitch it right.

Personally I'd love to see somewhere that attracted the kind of mix of visitors and Bequians that just doesn't seem to happen so much these days.....

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mangos Beach Bar & Grill (Prev. ICRTN)

De Reef, Coco's, Capt. Mac's and Sugar Hill are the only places I can think of that attract the nice mix of Bequians, Belongers and Visitors...

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mangos Beach Bar & Grill (Prev. ICRTN)

just heard that Stan is not involved with Mangos Beach Bar, but that the owner of the building, a lawyer from Kingstown, is running the beach bar on the weekends...haven't spoken to anybody who has actually been in to eat or drink there yet...

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mangos Beach Bar & Grill (Prev. ICRTN)

beg to differ on that one Liz . How bout Tant Peals Hendis .Porthole maccs Pizza. Sailors ,NY BAR Green Bolley.buddys bar Hibiscus, Philips bar just to name a few?.Hope i didnt leave anyone out.

Edited: 24 January 2010, 12:41
JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,025 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mangos Beach Bar & Grill (Prev. ICRTN)

I'm thinking all of those and the Salty Dog!

Chesterton, IN USA
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Mangos Beach Bar & Grill (Prev. ICRTN)

Had a great hamburger & fries there Saturday ---need to get pickles though! At this time, the menu is limited and its only open on the weekends. Looking forward to going there again. Good food.

9. Re: Mangos Beach Bar & Grill (Prev. ICRTN)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2010, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about Bequia
Recent Conversations