We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Bequia

Toronto, Canada
4 posts
Save Topic
First time to Bequia

Where is the best place to stay for my husband and I? We are extending our honeymoon and looking for somewhere on or near the beach, with a kitchen, nice, clean and bright. Thanks for any advice! Cant wait to check it out!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
1,370 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Bequia

Village Apartments is a good choice. Half way between the best beaches (PM and Lower Bay) and the town where you will want to go to get groceries, if you cook. Our strategy is to cook our own breakfasts and lunches and go out for almost all dinners.

The apartments in Lower Bay (Keegans, De Reef)

You failed to mention budget. There are likely a few apartments or one bedroom parts of villas that would work for you.

Toronto, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Bequia

thanks! budget up to $1000 week . . . i've been looking at the Village apts, they look lovely as well as sea shells, but cant figure out where they are located, any suggestions?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
821 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Bequia

Seashells is a good location as well. On the main road, situated about 10 minutes to Lower Bay and Princess Margaret and about 10 minutes to town. Also, Aqua on Bequia is a little closer to town (http://www.aquaonbequia.com/). If you want beachfront then I would suggest Kingsville Apartments as well. I think they are a little nicer than DeReef and Keegans.

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Bequia

MichelleYP mentioned Aqua-friends of ours stayed there a few years back and we stayed at Keegans on Lower Bay.

We visited our friends at Aqua and it is very nice with a beautiful view of the harbor and has a plunge pool but is not on the beach but not far to Lower Bay beach, Princess Margaret beach and the harbor-altho the walk back from Lower Bay involves climbing ''heart attack hill''-it will either kill you or get you in shape whichever comes first.

If its beach you want Keegans' is a good economical choice altho it is a bit on the basic side -the up side is that it is directly across from the beach.

Kingsville looks great too but not on the beach altho only about 100meters away.

Keegans' have a two bedroom apartment that we have stayed in on several ocassions-it has a small kitchen and was fine for our needs with two kids.

richmond va.
Level Contributor
110 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Bequia

Contact grenadine villas, they have lots of listings and are very helpful with suggestions. I suspect you may be able to rent a very nice place at a significant discount. Many places are offering significant last minute discounts.

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Bequia

Would def recommend the Village apartments the owners are lovely and this will be our the 4th time of staying with Val & George.

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to Bequia

there are so many choices now...the bequia tourism site has a lot of the options for accomodations listed... Smitty's apartment at Lower Bay, through Keegans is about as close to the beach as you can get...Kingsville cottages are really nice and about 100 feet back from the beach...Da Reef apartments are popular and about 60 feet back from the beach...

Toronto, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to Bequia

Thanks for all the tips! We are staying at Kingsville for the first couple of nights then up to Seashells. Now most important: Where to go for our first Bequia drink and lunch?!

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: First time to Bequia

First Bequia lunch...my suggestion is Mrs Taylors (The Porthole) at the edge of town. True Bequia hospitality, if Mr. Taylor is around he is a wealth of information, and Mrs. Taylor is fabulous! Sit on the picnic benches outside in the shade, try the lime squash, and have one of her famous rotis.

UK
Level Contributor
579 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: First time to Bequia

If you are staying at Kingsville - I'd stroll to De Reef for your first lunch - relax over a meal and a beer and one of the best vews you could ever wish for - and all just minutes away from home..

Edited: 17 January 2011, 18:22