We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grenadines itinerary--how does this look?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
488 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Grenadines itinerary--how does this look?

My wife and I have been to the Grenadines a few times over the years visiting Bequia and Mustique with a few side trips to the other islands. This time we are changing things up a bit...please see our below proposed itinerary and let me know if it looks good or if there is anything obviously wrong with it besides being too short :) I guess I am just looking for a gut check here:

Saturday January 25th--depart JFK-GND on Delta at 12:30AM..land in GND at 6:30 AM (why Delta schedules this as a redeye flight is beyond me)

Sit at GND airport and take SVG Air at 9:00 AM to Union island and water taxi to Mayreau

Saturday and Sunday night in Mayreau, Dennis Hideaway..day trip to Tobago Cays Sunday

Early Monday morning catch Jaden Sun Ferry to Bequia

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday night in Bequia (3 nights...we are having having issues finding accommodations Jan 27-30 as its a short term stay and music festival ends the 26th so I guess people stay the following week and its jammed)

Thursday morning take Jaden Sun to Union Island..stay at Kings Landing hotel, hit Happy Island bar, beaches, local place for dinner, etc.

Friday Morning take SVG Air at 8:35 AM Union back to GND.

All day Friday and night and Saturday hang out in Grenada (no idea where yet) ...and fly Delta GND-JFK at 7:05 PM out that Saturday.

I know its a lot jammed in there but we only have a week and are using miles on Delta for reward tix and must fly to GND if we want to go to Grenadines since Delta pulled out of BGI.

Any thoughts or feedback are appreciated!

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Mustique
Mustique
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Mayreau
Mayreau
Union Island
Union Island
Grenada
Grenada
Caribbean
CANADA
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Grenadines itinerary--how does this look?

Ask for rm. #5 at Dennis's it has the best view and take a meal at Island Paradise just up the hill from Dennis

Whistler, B.C...
Level Contributor
114 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grenadines itinerary--how does this look?

I am going to suggest you eliminate your time in Union and add Carriacou...

I find Union rather "rough"... and with only one week, your time is llimited.

You would take the same 09:00 flight on Saturday morning... spend one day on Carriacou

and stay at the Grand View Hotel... and fly to Union on the Sunday morning at 09:30.

I would stay longer on Carriacou... but flights don't go to Union on Mon/Tue.

svgair.com/…Union Island

If you decide to stick with your plans... I'll just offer that a stay at Bouganvilla on Union

is more pleasant and a better value than King's Landing, if they have space...

and their restaurant is very good.

I have stayed at both, and King's Landing is my second choice.

I paid $90 for a lovely room at Bouganvilla (November), while King's Landing wanted $130, firm...

and K.L. let me walk away while every room was empty. (I had previously stayed for $80 and went there first)

Both are an easy walk from the dock.

If it were me, I would travel up-Islands with Jaden Sun... and fly LIAT back SVD-GND downbound .

3. Re: Grenadines itinerary--how does this look?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 August 2013, 12:08
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
488 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grenadines itinerary--how does this look?

Thank for all the feedback! We have the Mayreau portion set in stone now for the first two nights, and Bequia is booked for the next 3 nights. Its really the Thursday night thats in question now...after we Jaden Sun to Union Island and get there around noon, the question we are trying to decide is stay on Union that night and then take SVGAir early next morning to Grenada...or when we arrive to Union, hire a water taxi to take us to Carriacou for that one night, then head to GND Friday....however my wife has reservations about such a long water taxi in a tiny boat..safety, bumpiness, etc.

Mentioned in this post
Mayreau
Mayreau
Union Island
Union Island
Grenada
Grenada
Caribbean
Hollidaysburg Pa
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grenadines itinerary--how does this look?

This is for Whistler. Slight change of subject.. Do you have any experience with Anchorage Yacht Club? Any comment? Thanks very much. BG

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
488 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grenadines itinerary--how does this look?

I too am interested in the Anchorage Yacht Club...it has mixed to bad reviews but apparently it was just renovated this year??

UK
Level Contributor
626 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Grenadines itinerary--how does this look?

Hi. Personally I think a long bumpy water taxi/ ferry trip for a one night stay wouldn't be my first choice after a pretty hectic week either - have you thought about extending Bequia then doing short hop to St Vincent by ferry and then either over-nighting there or flying same day directly back to Grenada for your flight home ? Carriacou is lovely but even though it's small, not sure that you could do it justice on such a short visit

Mentioned in this post
St. Vincent
St. Vincent
Grenada
Grenada
Caribbean
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
488 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grenadines itinerary--how does this look?

Hi Whistler, the problem with extending Bequia by a night and then ferrying to St. Vincent is that the direct LIAT flight from SVD- GND is at 6:00 AM :( We are not thrilled to wake up at 3:00AM or something like that to get to airport 2 hours before flight..

I think we are leaning towards that one night in Union despite the very polarized reviews (so 2 nights Mayreau, 3 nights Bequia, 1 night Union, 1 night Grenada). We have been to all these islands in the past except Grenada...and we have never overnighted in Union ro Mayreau

Mentioned in this post
Mayreau
Mayreau
Grenada
Grenada
Caribbean
UK
Level Contributor
626 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Grenadines itinerary--how does this look?

Ah Ok don't blame you ! - I thought there was an evening flight - but maybe it doesn't exist any more..

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
488 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grenadines itinerary--how does this look?

Yeah unfortunately not...and no chance we will take a later LIAT flight and connect to BGI to get to GND..not with our checkered past experiences with LIAT :/

Wouldn't it be nice if LIAT, SVG Air, all Grenadine ferry operators, and the International airlines were all made to sit in a room together and synchronize their schedules with one another for optimum efficiency and conections? LOL...obviously never gonna happen!

Get answers to your questions about Bequia