We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kite Surfing

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
Kite Surfing

Going to Bequia on Wednesday with all my KIte Surfing gear. Two Weeks. Has any one had experience or seen This on Bequia. Specifically which beaches are used for Kite surfing.I understand Industry bay and Hope are the most talked anbout spots on the kite forums. I was hoping the airport beach would work as it will be closer to home but am not sure. Union has an active kite scene.

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kite Surfing

Hope is kind of a dificult launch (due to its rather small size and proximity of the palm trees to the water) so if you have someone to assist your launches (and landings especially) it would be recommended.

Cannot give you any advice about Industry but it looks kiteable but again, assistence would me recommended.

London, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kite Surfing

Agree - Hope is good but not safe and a v long n hard trail to the beach. Better are Industry and Park bays - easy access and decent beaches plus Industry has a beach bar

Bequia
Level Contributor
94 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kite Surfing

A kite surfer was at Lower Bay today, but it was so windy he did not even take his gear out of the bag. The windward side has been much worse. Unusual wind for us, but it is predicted to last.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kite Surfing

We have often seen kite surfers on the windward side of Mayreau just across the peninsula from Saltwhistle Bay Beach (about 300 ft across land).

5. Re: Kite Surfing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2015, 06:19