We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay on Barbados stop-over

Knutsford
Level Contributor
28 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay on Barbados stop-over

Hi, I know this has come up on the forum before, and I scrolled back a little, couldn't find what I was looking for and thought, OK, lets find out the latest info....

Last year I stayed at Butterfly Beach, on my way from UK to Bequia (flight arrives too late for transfer) and it was fine, for a one night stay, but when I was in Bequia several people mentioned a guest house that they recommended, and I just can't for the life of me remember what it's called. Any ideas?

Wellington, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay on Barbados stop-over

It's very rare flights from UK arrive are too late for transfer to Bequia - you may have to hurry along the passageway but SVGair will endeavour to get you there.

MsZ
Dorset UK
Level Contributor
187 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay on Barbados stop-over

It certainly isn't that unusual to miss the Bequia flight, especially in midwinter, it's happened to us several times in the last ten years.

Not sure about the guest house you are referring to, we stayed at peach and quiet once, unfortunately it's no longer open. Otherwise Accra beach hotel or southern palms are right on the beach and make a pleasant start to the holiday, at least you feel you have started your holiday and not just in transit.

Sorry I can't directly answer your question, hopefully someone else will have the answer.

UK
Level Contributor
575 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay on Barbados stop-over

Flights out of London should get you there in time, but I think the Manchester ones arrive in Barbados after 5pm, so they would be too late.

Wellington, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay on Barbados stop-over

Sorry, I was forgetting about the Manchester flights. I guess I must have been extremely lucky flying to Barbados from Gatwick for the past twenty odd years !

Knutsford
Level Contributor
28 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay on Barbados stop-over

Thanks for info so far - yes the cheapo manchester flight I would be on goes via Antigua or St Lucia, thus arriving too late.

Any other ideas re the stop-over?

London
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay on Barbados stop-over

There are several small guest houses and apartment hotels a couple of miles from the airport. Try Tropical Winds apartments, Silver Sands, Inchcape Seaside Villas, or Round Rock Apartments. You can find them all here on Tripadvisor at very reasonable prices.

World
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay on Barbados stop-over

I've not stayed there, but Rostrevor is a guesthouse often mentioned here.

8. Re: Where to stay on Barbados stop-over

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 06:16