We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! Day Trip to Tobago Cays from Bequia

Texas
5 posts
Save Topic
HELP! Day Trip to Tobago Cays from Bequia

I am totally bummed. I have been reading these reviews and everyone is saying a day trip to Tobago Cays is a MUST from Bequia. But true to my luck I checked with the Friendship Rose and the week we are there they have a private charter so they are only going to Tobago on Sundays (days we arrive and leave). Is there any other good charters to Tobago Cays? If not, is Mustique worth the trip (as I have absolutely NO interest in seeing stars or the like)?

Thanks!

Stacey

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP! Day Trip to Tobago Cays from Bequia

the frangipani hotel has a 42 foot charter for about 60 bucks a day per person

Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP! Day Trip to Tobago Cays from Bequia

The Friendship Rose folks should also be able to set you up with a flight to Union, where you can take a schooner to the Cays. We're planning on doing that next week (the Rose is being overhauled at the moment so it won't be available for a while).

Ontario
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP! Day Trip to Tobago Cays from Bequia

Contact The Passion, the 60 foot Catamaran. They operate from a location along the Belmont Walkway in Admiralty Bay. They sail to the Cays twice weekly, Wednesday and Sunday. It cost us $75 US 2 years ago. There were approx. 15 people aboard. There is a stop for lunch, which you purchase, at Mayreau. They also have equipment for fishing off the back of the boat enroute. My husband was thrilled to catch a large tuna. They supple snorkling equipment. I think you would not be disappointed.

Good luck.

Ontario
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP! Day Trip to Tobago Cays from Bequia

Contact The Passion, the 60 foot Catamaran. They operate from a location along the Belmont Walkway in Admiralty Bay. They sail to the Cays twice weekly, Wednesday and Sunday. It cost us $75 US 2 years ago. There were approx. 15 people aboard. There is a stop for lunch, which you purchase, at Mayreau. They also have equipment for fishing off the back of the boat enroute. My husband was thrilled to catch a large tuna. They supple snorkling equipment. I think you would not be disappointed.

Good luck.

coventry
Level Contributor
119 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP! Day Trip to Tobago Cays from Bequia

Passion has been sold and is no longer in Bequia.

USA
Level Contributor
400 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP! Day Trip to Tobago Cays from Bequia

Check out "Sailing and Charters" on the Bequia Tourism Association website www.bequiatourism.com.

Pelangi, Quest and Lost our Marbles all have an excellent reputation.

You might want to consider an overnight visit to the Cays - gives you more time there, and theres nothing like the Cays at dawn.

Personally I would pass on Mustique, although any trip on the Friendship Rose is a very enjoyable, high quality day out.

Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP! Day Trip to Tobago Cays from Bequia

Not sure if this helps, but we were in a similar boat (har har pardon the pun) and I contacted the Friendship Rose folks - there was a day during our visit when their iteneraray was to be announced. As it turns out, we will be there during a very busy time and they were trying to decide how to best serve visitors. When I told them that we were hoping to get to the Tobago Cays, they arranged the schedule around it! So accommodating! I'm not sure if that can happen for you, but it doesn't hurt to try...

Texas
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: HELP! Day Trip to Tobago Cays from Bequia

You are so right!!!! The people at the Friendship Rose are AMAZING! I emailed them the other day and told them the same thing - "everyone says the Tobago Cays is a MUST - is there any way you could switch one of your other dayas to Tobago Cays?" And just as was your experience they have accomodated us. I was thrilled! I can hardly wait to get there.

Thanks again!

Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HELP! Day Trip to Tobago Cays from Bequia

Wow! That is amazing...I can't wait to go too! It bodes well for the trip when tour operators are so helpful. I am so excited for you!! Have a blast Stacey!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
40 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: HELP! Day Trip to Tobago Cays from Bequia

I will probably get slammed for this but I must say that we were underwhelme by the Tobago Cays. We were on Capt. Yannis's boat out of Union Island and perhaps it was the location to which we were taken but the coral wasn't that great.

Get answers to your questions about Bequia