We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

catamarans

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
catamarans

Doesanyone know if there are any catamarans or hobbie cat orsunfish for rent near lower bay or princess margret beach and the cost.thanks .Ricardo

World
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: catamarans

princess margaret is a deserted beach so no rentals there. occasionally sea kayaks and sunfish are available on Lower Bay - check at De Reef and Dawn's

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,061 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: catamarans

There is currently quite a large beach bar/restaurant under construction at Princess Margaret which really is noisy and ruins the peaceful experience most people go there to enjoy. They are also constructing a jetty. I have seen two catamarans at Lower Bay but it appears they are both privately owned. I'll ask around and if I hear of any rentals will post here!

World
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: catamarans

criekey, I had not heard of PM development. Unbelievable. More info please as I had always understood the land ownership issues were too complex to allow any building. What a dang shame.

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: catamarans

Thanks OBXPAT forlooking into the cats for me .Bequi looks like a perfect place for hobbiecating. . I sure hope wwe can find one .maybe we can hook up for a cold one. Ricardo

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,061 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: catamarans

Hi Ricardo...checked yesterday with Sylvester at DeReef. He says by next week he will have the Hobie Cat ready to rent out. Also he has a small sailboat that he will be renting, it looks like maybe 18 ft or so but I really don't know. Just ck in at DeReef and ask for Sylvester.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,061 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: catamarans

curiousx...I don't know about all the particulars but I believe the Mcintosh Family is building at least one other house at PM and from what I have heard the beach bar/restaurant is being done by an English couple. While they seem to be building a lovely building it is still something I hated to see happen. Word is there is a bonus being pd to the Builder if it can be ready to open in March. It is much larger than I would have expected for the location. Guess no where stays the same!

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: catamarans

Hi OBXPAT.thanks for your efforts .did they happen to mention what the cost per hour would be? Ricardo

Richmond, VA
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: catamarans

You can reach Marlin at (784) 455-2703 to rent a small hobbie cat - my husband and brother went out and had a blast. The construction that is being done on Princess Margaret is going to be a bar / restaurant, possibly some small rooms on the higher end - and from the work we've seen, it looks as though they are doing a good job...

9. Re: catamarans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Bequia