We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Union to Carriacou or Carriacou to Union

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Union to Carriacou or Carriacou to Union

I was planning on hitting Union Island and the more I look into Carriacou, it sounds cool too. Which makes more sense to hit first if I am starting my trip in St. Vincent?

Any advice from a Seasoned traveler on going SVD to Carriacou, and then on to Union. Are there flights from SVD to Carracou? Then Boats from Carriacou or vice versa?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Union to Carriacou or Carriacou to Union

If you're starting from St. Vincent I think it makes more sense to hit Union first. You can fly from St.V to Union on SVG Air. From there, you can catch the mailboat to Carriacou on certain days, or arrange for a water taxi to take you to Carriacou (if you are adventurous and don't mind small boats!).

Don't forget to explore the Tobago Cays and Mayreau which is easy to do from Union.

An alternative is to fly from Union to Grenada on SVG Air then ferry over to Carriacou.

Leave some time to explore Grenada! There is plenty to discover on the island!

Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Union to Carriacou or Carriacou to Union

SVG Air also flies between Union Island and Carriacou. Have a great holiday.

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Union to Carriacou or Carriacou to Union

If you are starting in St. Vincent then you can take the M/V Barracuda from Kingston to Union then from Union you can catch the weekly ferry from Union to Carriacou.

But in any case you should check out Bequia (you may have to backtrack to

St. Vincent to get the ferry to Union) from Union you can get to the Togago Cays with a water taxi and could to the same to get to Carriacou. From Carriacou to Grenada there is a ferry several times a day. You can also fly between these islands but it is more expensive.

4. Re: Union to Carriacou or Carriacou to Union

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2010, 07:27
Get answers to your questions about Carriacou Island
Recent Conversations