We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beachfront accomm in Carriacou?

Sydney, Australia
13 posts
Save Topic
Best beachfront accomm in Carriacou?

Hi there,

I'll be in Carriacou for three nights in late June (i know, wet season, but i'm hoping not that bad!) and i was wondering which beach/es is/are generally regarded as the nicest on the island? And does anyone know any nice (nothing amazing - around US$100 per night) accomm to check out?

Thanks very much

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
17,460 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beachfront accomm in Carriacou?

Sunset Beach Hotel - http://www.sunset-beach-hotel.com/ - on picturesque Paradise Beach.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beachfront accomm in Carriacou?

Great suggestion from xelas!

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
144 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beachfront accomm in Carriacou?

Hi - My wife and I spent a week in the Villa Las Tortugas above the south end of Paradise Beach in 2008. The beach is beautiful and we were on it every day. It is somewhat arduous to travel to and from Carricou, but we loved the lsland, the friendly people there and we hope to return some day!

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beachfront accomm in Carriacou?

Villa Las Tortugas = $4200 a week!! It looks so gorgeous, but I wish it was a little more in line with villa pricing for an off season vacation. :-(

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
144 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best beachfront accomm in Carriacou?

Hmmm . . . It was a lot less when we went. Inflation?? I think that it was about $2,800. However, I would have to say that it is a very beautiful villa, the caretakers were wonderful and it would absolutely be worth $4,200. It does include a car as well and wireless internet. I would recommend it very highly.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best beachfront accomm in Carriacou?

Ades Guesthouse in in Hillsborough and is very reasonably priced. While there take a taxi to Windward, get the drivers number or arrange a time to be picked up, and walk along the water you will see boats being constructed with just hand power tools. Along the road you will see a sign pointing to the "Mangrove Trail" there is a very nice secluded beach at the end of it, we were the only ones there when we went. Also check out Sandy Island just across from Hillsborough.

Mentioned in this post
Sandy Island
Sandy Island
179 Reviews
Grenada
Crozet, VA
Level Contributor
658 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best beachfront accomm in Carriacou?

I highly recommend Linky for a taxi driver. He is extremely knowledgeable and proud of his island. He'll take you to see boat building, etc. Does a great tour of the island, and make sure you get him to take you to the bakery near his house! Great place to pick up some goodies for lunch. Just ask for him at he taxi stand at the dock.

Sausalito, CA
Level Contributor
101 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best beachfront accomm in Carriacou?

There are some nice places downtown. Peace Haven is really reasonable. The After Ours cottages in Tyrell Bay are nice, too, they are right across the street from the beach. There's often a bit of life down there. They say that Silver Beach Resort is going again. The beach isn't the best, but the grounds are very nice and it is close to town.

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best beachfront accomm in Carriacou?

peace haven is a lovley spot right on the beach in town. Clean and a beautiful breeze on the second floor room .didnt need a-c Reasonably priced.

Edited: 01 January 2012, 14:55
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best beachfront accomm in Carriacou?

Just got back from Seaclusion Suites. We loved it!

Get answers to your questions about Carriacou Island