We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry or boat to Union

East Hampton, New...
Level Contributor
124 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry or boat to Union

Hello, my husband and I will be back in the Grenadines for the winter and we are checking other options from our normal route of JFK to .....

So, is there a Ferry or Boat that leaves out of Carriacou that will get us to Union Island? And if so, may I please have any information or how to contact.

Appreciate any assistance.

Thank you!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
479 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry or boat to Union

There is no ferry between Carriacou and Union. You can hire a private boat (think small skiff) but the ride would be very very bumpy, wet, and expensive and take perhaps 45 mins to an hour. Honestly I would fly. My wife and I flew SVG Air from Grenada to Union this year..its easy and fast. If you are going to be in Carriacou ask SVG Air if they can pick you up there on their way to Union from Grenada..

svgair.com/grenada_schedules_and_fares.html

Crozet, VA
Level Contributor
629 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry or boat to Union

You can take the mailboat, Lady JJ, from Carricou to Union Island on Mondays and Thursdays.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,856 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry or boat to Union

Make sure you read about lady JJ before deciding. It is a smaller "rustic" mailboat.

Crozet, VA
Level Contributor
629 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry or boat to Union

We took the old mailboat, Jasper, from Union to Carriacou, and it indeed was an adventure but fun and safe. And yes it was an old wooden boat with a plywood shell on it. We still laugh about it today. We actually flew from Grenada to St. Vincent and worked our way back to Grenada on ferries and the mailboat. Took us about 3 weeks as we stayed a few days on each island. We were in our mid 60s when we did this with two friends. What fun we had!!

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,856 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry or boat to Union

I agree Sandra. Some great times traveling through the islands. I thought the MV Barracuda was an adventure before i saw Jasper! Those who are envisioning a "ferry" experience like the Osprey may not be amused.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
479 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry or boat to Union

The Lady JJ.... https://www.facebook.com/captroyMvLadyJJ

7. Re: Ferry or boat to Union

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2015, 18:15
Get answers to your questions about Carriacou Island
Recent Conversations