We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mustique Food Prices

Leeds
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Mustique Food Prices

We have booked to stay at the Cotton House for 10 nights. Would somebody be able to tell me how much we can expect to spend while we are there in terms of food/drinks?

Also, do you need a mule every time you want to go to a beach away from the Cotton House or are they walkable?

Thanks for your help.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mustique Food Prices

You can expect to pay $20+ per person for lunch, dinner will be more. We have always walked to the beaches from the main anchorage off Basils.

Leeds
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mustique Food Prices

do you have experience of prices for food at the cotton house?

World
Level Contributor
996 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mustique Food Prices

I cannot comment on the food prices at the Cotton House generally as the only meal I ever have there is lunch at the Beach Bar occasionally. However, I can answer your question on beaches.

FIrst Cotton House has a very pretty beach right at the hotel which has beach chairs and drink service. The only draw back of the hotel beach is that while sandy and pretty once in the water it is a little rocky, but there is a small warf with a swim ladder at the end of the hotel beach that you can swim from. There is also good snorkelling from that warf.

If you want to go to any of the other beaches, the Cotton House has a van and driver and they would be happy to drive you and pick you up from where ever you are and even deliver a picnic lunch toi your beach of choice. All the beaches on the island are only a few minutes in the van. So while a Mule will give you a little more independence in having a little more control on when you come and go, you can get around just fine with the hotel van.

Hope this helps.

London, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mustique Food Prices

The prices for dinner and lunch at The Cotton House are comparable to good restaurants in London in terms of price. As you are staying there, I would ask for a dinner included rate or for the hotel to send you some example menus.

Do also try Basil's for a meal and Firefly.

Getting the hotel to make picnics for you to take to one of the beaches is a must at lunchtime.

We enjoy pottering around and exploring on a mule. I'd say that you should hire one, at least for some of the time that you are there.

I'm sure that you'll have a great trip. Enjoy.

North Salem, New...
Level Contributor
239 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mustique Food Prices

We recently stayed at CH for 2 weeks and combined the MAP and EP plans, and would recommend doing the same and vary the proportions depending on how often you would like to go off property for dinner. A bottle of wine with dinner typically runs from $40-$45 to thousands and thousands, if that's what you want. Remember, all rates include breakfast, so that is one meal you don't need to factor on top of hotel costs.

Basil's and Firefly are comparable in price to the CH, although I believe Basil's was a bit more reasonable, but not by a large margin. Also keep in mind that service is included, with the option of adding anad ditional gratuity for outstanding service.

The CH also includes a service fee in the daily rate which covers gratuities for the staff, and additional gratuities are at your discretion based on your experience with service. We received exceptional service while there, so we gave additional to the pool valet, Veranda restaurant captain and the housekeeper.

Lunch at the beach bar varies in price, but most options are around $15-$20 plus beverages. Cocktails from the beach bar vary from $6 (beer) to $10 (tropical cocktail, such as rum punch).

I hope this helps. It is not an inexpensive vacation, but we found it well worth the cost.

6. Re: Mustique Food Prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2017, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about Mustique