We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone heard of it?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone heard of it?

Just seen on TripAdvisor that there is supposed to be a restaurant on Mustique called Hill Top restaurant. Anyone know anything about it?

Also I am hoping to have another go at a good evening meal at the Firefly. Is there one main bar there (in the main entrance?) or two?

We get there on 6th May.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Firefly Mustique Hotel
Firefly Mustique Hotel
157 Reviews
Mustique
12 replies to this topic
Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
176 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone heard of it?

We were on Mustique in mid March and have not heard of Hill Top Restaurant. We did, however, have the experience of trying Basil's. We really couldn't believe what we had read on the reviews here on the forum, but they were TRUE! Very sad to say that the only beach bar within an easy stumble of the dinghy dock is a rip off. Talk about a captive audience. It was St. Patrick's Day when we were there...and the best part about the entertainment and the food was the DOG that sang! True story! We decided that the second night there, we would cook our own lobster, but wished later that we had tried Firefly. It looked lovely up on the hill...

Sorry to rant! Couldn't help it!

New York Mills...
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone heard of it?

HillTop is a local bar for the island workers. I agree with the previous reply...head up to the Firefly!!

Edited: 30 April 2013, 20:47
New York Mills...
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone heard of it?

There is just one Bar at the Firefly.........soon to be renamed "Patrick's Bar" !! I heard on the rumour mill

Mentioned in this post
Firefly Mustique Hotel
Firefly Mustique Hotel
157 Reviews
Mustique
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone heard of it?

Thanks guys. looking forward to it. A special place.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone heard of it?

Is this a sneak preview of the name change by firefly management? Or rather I guess the reveal?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone heard of it?

Search me.

Been back there now and it doesn't exist.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone heard of it?

Caribman aka owner of firefly seems to think it exists and very keen to get everybody to his bar and restaurant promoting on this and other mustique threads.

Edited: 30 July 2013, 13:13
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone heard of it?

I spent 2 weeks in Mustique recently.

I asked about this place at Cotton house, Basil's and Lisa's and nobody seemed to know it.

Maybe The firefly guy has plans but he does not seem to be sharing it locally.

Also totally weird having it with pictures on TripAdvisor when it is not currently operating in that name. Odd!

Mentioned in this post
The Cotton House
The Cotton House
178 Reviews
Mustique
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone heard of it?

Its weird because its against tripadvior guidelines to be posting as a traveller and promoting your own establishment on this forum.

World
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone heard of it?

I have now looked at the picture in the restaurant section, and after 35 years of travelling to Mustique, I can say with certainty that the picture shown is no where on Mustique.

Reply to: Anyone heard of it?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mustique