We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Souveniers from T&T

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Souveniers from T&T

What do you all take back after your Trini vacation. Food? Drinks? Tshirt etc?

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Souveniers from T&T

I am attending an event in the US and want to take something from TnT but don't really know what to get. Nothing to expensive.

It will be people who don't travel abroad much and most have never been to the Caribbean or even heard about TnT.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,634 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Souveniers from T&T

There's a souvenir shop in Long Circular mall (or is it called Tru Valu?) that we go to for ideas. Wifey also says the shops at the airport have lots. She suggests wooden serving bowls that have some kind of pattern on it that says Trinidad. Also there are the replicas of the old time houses in Trinidad hand crafted by LLanos & Maingot. They're heavy though. Also a tropical painting of a Trini scene may also be appreciated by the art lover. Of course a lot of the Trini souvenirs have "Made In China" on them so you may want to avoid those. And then there is always a bottle or two or three of rum or Angostura Bitters. Although depending on where in the US you're going, if there is a West Indian shop you should be able to get the Bitters there. We get it here in the Tampa area along with all the Matouks products especially the pepper sauce.

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Souveniers from T&T

I was thinking rum and small bottles of the bitters. The Bitters is famous worldwide I think, for drinkers lol

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Souveniers from T&T

What type of the rum?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,634 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Souveniers from T&T

I'm not a rum connossieur by any means. But take some of the newer ones like Single Barrel by Angostura and I think the latest one is called Angostura No.1. Then you have the old standards like Old Oak, Vat 19, Black Label etc. But find out, if you don't already know, what is the limit allowed into the US. I don't recall offhand what it is. Your travel agent should know.

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Souveniers from T&T

So far I have bought bitters, both types, and Trini coffee and chocolates and keychain.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,634 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Souveniers from T&T

If you don't mind saying here, what city are you going to? There may well be a West Indian grocery store there. We also love our Crix biscuits - light but bulky to carry. Last week when we went to the store that sells it the owner told us that shipments were halted because of the findings a month ago (?) of dope in some cans of juice from Trinidad. I don't see how this should affect shipments of Crix - hope it is not a permanent thing.

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Souveniers from T&T

Chicago.

The box of Crix is small enough to fit nicely in suitcase lol

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,634 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Souveniers from T&T

In a big city like Chicago there's sure to be some West Indian grocery stores. In fact, ff you google west indian grocery store chicago a ton of links come up. Same for roti shop chicago - many links. Introduce your friends to roti and doubles.

London, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Souveniers from T&T

hi from london, came back from trini wensday. morning. 12 march. after spending three weeks. souviners tht i brought back was rum. ( white oak ) for my relatives and work colleagues. also bottle of Angoustora rum. and my favorites are fridge magnets with different designs . and a fan for my aunt with trinidad logo. i bought them at the souvineer shop on fredrick street opposite the park. i hope this helps you poison arrow . and have a nice trip in the windy city. chicago.

Get answers to your questions about Trinidad and Tobago