We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire from the airport

lancaster
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
car hire from the airport

we are looking at hiring a car from the airport for 2 days as this will be lot cheaper option than transfers and taxis as we are going to the Asa Wright center on 1 day. Can anyone advise of a good reliable company. Also what the situation is re car hire insurance ie what the cost is and what it covers. I can purchase excess waiver insurance in the uk before we go and want to know if this will be enough

1. Re: car hire from the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2018, 15:19
lancaster
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire from the airport

thank you for your reply,unfortunatley I didn't get it until we had returned. We decided to go on a tour in the end and after experiencing the drive on the roads to Asa Wright centre glad we opted for the tour instead of a hire car.

Brooklyn, New York
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: car hire from the airport

Hi Denwiles,

Can you let me know what hotel you stayed at while in Tobago and how was it.? Can you let me know how the facilities at Asa Wright were? In terms of comfort etc. I took my girlfriend to Trinidad once. None of the places we visited had AC and we stayed with my family, not an issue for me, I was Trini born and raised, was a huge issue for her and we haven't been back since.

ANY info would be useful.

Thanks.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,418 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car hire from the airport

I stayed at Asa Wright last month.

They have two rooms with ac, so book ahead. It was hot and humid, but good. Food was fine, but not great. They say it is not as good as it once was, but I have nothing to compare it to.

I went for the birds, whixh didn't disappoint, and I found the guides and staff to be very friendly and accommodating.

By the way, the day after I left, they were starting to make repairs to the road up.

Brooklyn, New York
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: car hire from the airport

Thanks Quiltingmamma!

Didn't realize they had only two rooms. At least they have AC which is good.

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car hire from the airport

Probably only two rooms with ac. The other rooms have ceiling fans. Maybe because they want to limit use of ac being as its eco concious and 'green'.

Edited: 13 December 2012, 11:04
7. Re: car hire from the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 05:17