We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nemoy's guest house review

Which Port of Spain hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dublin
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
nemoy's guest house review

I stayed at the nemoy guest house on the 20 September 2009. After paying the full amount, up front we were then shown to our room by the owner/operator Mr.Dalton-Brown. On arrival to our room my husband and I had booked a double room but to our surprise there were 2 single beds. As I sat on the bed I went straight through as the bed boards underneath the mattress had shifted. The sheets were dusty and the room smelt as if it had been locked up and not aired for weeks. I decided to take a shower after my long 10 hour trip, and a cockroach greeted me on entrance to the shower. After exterminating the insect, I proceeded to have a shower only to find that the drainpipe in the shower needed drain cleaner, and the water steadily filled up, so I had to have a quick one. The following morning I approached Mr.Dalton-Brown about the state of the room, the roach and the evidence of roaches legs all in the cupboard. He became quite defensive, hostile, when I told him I will be checking out and wanted my money back, because I couldn't eat breakfast in a roach infested house. His behaviour escalated to verbal aggression, irrational responses and obstinate denial. He refused to refund us for our stay even though we stayed only 2 nights out of 10. PLEASE KEEP AWAY FROM THIS DISHONEST MAN DONT LET HIS SMILE AND SUPERFICIAL PERSONA TAKE AWAY YOUR MONEY, ROACHES ARE LEFT TO CRAWL ON THE WARES THAT HE SETS AT NIGHT FOR THE BREAKFAST IN THE MORNING. FROM KEITH AND RENITA DUBLIN IRELAND.

1. Re: nemoy's guest house review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2010, 06:18