We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay that is affordable , for a family of 5

Which Port of Spain hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
5 posts
Save Topic
where to stay that is affordable , for a family of 5

we r a family of 5.going to trini and would like to know where to stay.hotel site seeing etc....

petit valley
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: where to stay that is affordable , for a family of 5

Charlayane Marriott and Kapok are fine hotels but if you are looking for affordable accommodation you can stay at Tony's Guest house. I am the owner of both houses. There are two of them one in the western part of the island Diamond Vale, the other in Papnis Drive Petit Valley. Rates are affordable at only USD25 per person. Visit the website for more information at www.maxpages.com/harbor

phila usa
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: where to stay that is affordable , for a family of 5

why call yourself trinn4life you sound so ignorant and very negative about my country many people in the usa real americians would differ i to live in the usa there is lots of home invasions murders and massacres in and around the city where i live i meet lots of ungratefull trinis like you everyday what a shame lets hope people like you do not ever get deported i am the true trini 4life

Trinidad
Level Contributor
103 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: where to stay that is affordable , for a family of 5

Scarlet Ibis Hotel no longer exists, Jack Warner bought the property and it's now a residential development.

I don't think the Zoo is worth a visit to be honest, it's pretty pathetic especially when you see the conditions the animals live in!

Maracas beach is nice to visit, especially on Sundays when the locals flock to the beach but even then it isn't crowded unless it's a public holiday.

Courtyard by Marriott is a hotel that might be what you are looking for because of it's location. Next door is a cineplex and mall with fast food outlets, restaurants,a large discount supermarket and other small shops.

If you are thinking of a hotel then I would recommend the Courtyard, Normandie or Kapok. I have friends who stayed at Monique's Guesthouse in Maraval and it was well kept, clean and spacious.

I second the advice to visit Tobago, worlds apart from the hustle and bustle in Trindad. It's a nice place to just relax and enjoy the beaches.

Sandy Point Village (not hotel) is a nice location for a family as there is a playground, resturant, small grocery, pool and hot tub.

Trinidad
Level Contributor
240 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: where to stay that is affordable , for a family of 5

Hi,

If you're still looking for somewhere to stay, some friends of mine from Toronto recently stayed at the Sundeck Suite on Picton Street, POS.

They said it was basic, but very clean, affordable, friendly staff and economically priced.

Let me know if you need contact info .

toronto
5 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: where to stay that is affordable , for a family of 5

TT-Traveller thanks for all the previous detailed info. i am still looking into various hotels and guest houses. any additional info is welcome and appreciated. thanks

Trinidad
6 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: where to stay that is affordable , for a family of 5

I think you should look into getting a self-contained apartment. A place like Monique's guest house in Maraval is a good option. It is safe, secure and many travelers stay there. You can get a room that holds 4-5 people with a kitchenette so you can buy your groceries. Its about $100 US a night. I have been there and I think its your best bet.

Its hard to find cheap accommodation in Trinidad that is comparable with what you can get for the same price in North America. If you are heading to Tobago - which I hope you are there are many places like this available and I recommend Jimmy's and Johnston's. Both are apts and pretty much on Crown Point beach (Storebay). You will pay about $80US a night but so worth it because of the location. The place again isn't fancy but its comfortable.

If you want any more suggestions let me know. I have been trying to find accommodation for my guests (getting married in a few months here) so I've got lots of info!

27. Re: where to stay that is affordable , for a family of 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 00:17