We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outbound connection at POS

Montclair, NJ
Level Contributor
245 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Outbound connection at POS

Due to flight change curious if this is possible or two risky.

Carribbean airways TOB to POS scheduled arrival 7:05

United POS to IAH (Houston USA) scheduled departure 7:45

Anyone made this connection and know when do they close US bound flights and whether any delays deboarding Caribbean air to united?

I am currently scheduled on 1-2am TOB to pos but prefer not to incur overnight lodging in POS if possible.

This is scheduled for a Sunday in sept. if that makes a difference in response.

Mentioned in this post
Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outbound connection at POS

The early morning flights to and from Tobago are usually on-time but check-in for international flights close an hour before Departure.

Check-in for international flights start 3hrs before flight so if you arrive at airport 2am you can wait at airport until 445am for check-in.

Mentioned in this post
Tobago
Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago
Montclair, NJ
Level Contributor
245 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outbound connection at POS

OK.. That makes sense. I can't guarantee I can check in online or pre-print my boarding pass plus not sure when they close the boarding process (whether 1 hr before or 30 minutes before).

Tobago
Level Contributor
57 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outbound connection at POS

If you take the 1 am flight from Tobago, you would only have to wait a couple hours at the airport before check in. They added that flight to accommodate situations exactly like this where persons need to get an early international flight. I wouldn't take the chance.

Mentioned in this post
Tobago
Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago
4. Re: Outbound connection at POS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2013, 09:18