We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Power adaptor?

Which Port of Spain hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Anacortes...
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Topic
Power adaptor?

This might seem a silly question but wondering, coming from the US, will I need a plug adaptor/converter for my charges and other electrical items?

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Power adaptor?

Not a silly question at all. Years ago I went to St. Vincent and discovered that I could not charge any of my gadgets because of this plug issue :( I didn't know abt TA in those days so didn't know better lol

We in T&T use the same plugs as in US but I have also been in Hotels in Tobago that use UK plugs in their rooms.

If you know which Hotel you are staying at you can email them to ask. Most of them have adaptors but they are usually in short supply.

Surrey
Destination Expert
for Tobago
Level Contributor
498 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Power adaptor?

Check your charger as most are 100-220volt friendly and yes the standard is the Edison 'U' ground receptacle./plug.

Hotels whose clientele are mainly European may have 220 outlets as well .

All buildings here ( and in the US ) are supplied with 220volts as standard from the utility company.

. This is split to supply 2 x 110v 'legs'.

Larger appliances such as stoves, washing machines, dryers and a/c units are all 220v .

3. Re: Power adaptor?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2014, 06:19