We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

love trinidad & tobago

Bridgetown, Barbados
1 post
Save Topic
love trinidad & tobago

hi dear readers.i live in barbados & i come to trinidad atleast twice a year since the 80's.i love all over trinidad.infact i am thinking of making it my new home.i've met all nice people,i never see the crime everyone talks about.i go all over day or night & i love it in trinidad.plenty places to go & better place to raise my daughter.dont let newspapers,politics or hear say get u down,experience for yourself..(just came back from a wonderful vacation in trinidad as always)

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: love trinidad & tobago

That's great!

But am curious. Better than Barbados in terms of what? Since I have never been to Barbados.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,705 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: love trinidad & tobago

Wow! Barbados must be in really bad shape! Remember though that living and vacationing in a place are two very different scenarios.

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: love trinidad & tobago

Interesting, many trinis I know prefer Barbados..

However I would not live in Trinidad and expect nothing to happen.. You have to use your common sense like everywhere in the world..

Arouca, Trinidad
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: love trinidad & tobago

Well I'm living here and I don't see the crime that everyone talks about. That is save for two instances: (1) about 15 years ago when a man stole a chain from a woman in a maxi when he was leaving and (2) the dead body of a businessman on Frederick Street some years ago BUT A LOT of it happens.

My supervisor was attacked in an ATM

My neigbour's (townhouse attached to our house) was broken into TWICE. Ours was spared because of the burglar proofing.

My St. lucian friend said that she was robbed of her purse at gun-point and had to wait months to get her documents redone.

A Jamaican student reported several of her friends had their cars stolen

My former landlady had her car stolen etc

My wife's former church was broken into.

Business people told me they have been robbed etc

Trinidad
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: love trinidad & tobago

@ Mark C thank you so much for your post. There is a lot of negative publicity among Europeans and North Americans based on some crime committed etc. I have family living in both places so I know personally. However I am born and bred in Trinidad and like all other places, you have to be smart. I travel a lot, been to all the Caribbean isl except Cuba. Also travelled all of Western Europe except Brussels and Wales. studied and lived in North America. I have also lived abroad for 12 years and it is indeed the same. Crime everywhere! You just have to be smart. Again thank you for your post and your island is a gem. Love the beaches!!!! And the culture and the people.... Truly little England!

6. Re: love trinidad & tobago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 06:17