We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

POS hotels for carnival 07

Which Port of Spain hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Monica
1 post
Save Topic
POS hotels for carnival 07

Good Day

I can get a mile reward tic. to TNT for CARNIVAL for just 30000 mi. what a deal! but ALL hotels are booked online! The flight dates avail. are feb 11-21. carnival is 18-19 feb 2007. SO

1) any suggestions from t rinis or visitors about where i might stay, a room or guest house, something convenient to where i need to be?

2) My flight dates are good, right?

Thanks so much

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: POS hotels for carnival 07

Try Googling "Guest Houses in Trinidad".

toronto,canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: POS hotels for carnival 07

hi salsapirate

U can try Salida house in Arouca, I think it's about 20 mins from the carnival action. He response to e -mail promptly.I hope this helps

www.sadila.com

1 868 640 3659

1 800 426 7781

Trinidad
Level Contributor
831 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: POS hotels for carnival 07

There is the Royal Palm hotel and a guest house called Par-May-Lar's. I don't have all the contact info but will try to get it. These are pretty close to the action. Par-May-Lars is in newtown and close walking distance to the savanna.

I presume you tried the standard hotels, Hilton, Crowne Plaza, Kapok, Normandy and Coutryard Marriot.

You can look for Moniques Guest House as well though they are a little further away from the action.

Trinidad and Tobago
Level Contributor
173 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: POS hotels for carnival 07

Salsa,

Chances are a good bit of the hotel rooms were booked by travel agencies. No way of saying which, I'm afraid. Possibly if you call the hotels you're interested in they can help. If not, hunt around the agencies I guess. Won't be cheap, though.

canada
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: POS hotels for carnival 07

I have just returned from my second stay at the abercromby inn its in the upper p.o.s area, however i dont know if they have rooms for carnival, call miss lafon at 1 868 627 6658, good luck.

nick

Barrie
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: POS hotels for carnival 07

I'm looking for accomodations for Carnival too. Coral Cove Marina has rooms available and they're a lot less than the Hilton or Crown Plaza etc. You can email coralcove@trinidad.com for info. They recently received a good review on this website.

You should check your Carnival dates on VisitTNT.com. The dates are Feb 19 and 20, 2007 so you leave on the 19th, you'll miss the big day!

Maybe we'll see you there!

7. Re: POS hotels for carnival 07

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 21:19