We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for A Place to Stay

Trinidad
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Topic
Looking for A Place to Stay

I am lookling for a beach house on a secluded beach to just relax and unwind............

Any suggestions......................

Thanks in advance

nyc
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for A Place to Stay

You must be crazy!

Trinidad
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for A Place to Stay

Yes I mad - so prewarn the bandits deh - I coming prepared to ave myself

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for A Place to Stay

Bubblenut- have you looked into Birdies Nest in Black Rock? If you are going during turtle season, there is a female that lays right in front of their house every year. It's clean, fully equipped and very reasonable...and right on the beach. Check out their website....

www.birdiesnesttobago.com You don't want a totally secluded beach, but Turtle Beach is fairly quiet and Black Rock has enough ammenities to keep you comfortable.

Lil Red

nyc
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for A Place to Stay

Littlered..no males laying eggs there?LOL

nyc
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for A Place to Stay

I think the males lay at the back of the house.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for A Place to Stay

In all actuality, the males never leave the water once they get there! Typical lazy bums!! lol Eat and drink that's it!

nyc
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for A Place to Stay

No,the males are smart,remember before they had the protection?Turtle meat was a delicacy,i only eat females anyway.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for A Place to Stay

are we talking turtles here? lol Well I have eaten turtle and liked it, but am also active now on the environmental end of it.

Trinidad
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for A Place to Stay

We talking about places to stay - not eatting women - you are definetly a Trini Man at his best ;)

Level Contributor
201 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for A Place to Stay

Bubblenut, I can fully vouche for Birdie's Nest ; stayed there last Feb/Mar., and it's truly Heaven on Earth for rest and relaxation, but his prices have doubled, Lil Red. DOUBLED!!! I think it's likely worth the increase, as you have the whole beach practically to yourself, and protecton from the owner and his family who check you several times a day. You can cook in a great kitchen (upstairs) and the A/C is very good. Go to the website and e-mail him. Yes, his real name is PRINCE, and he's very good at his job as a host. He'll take the best of care of you, and advise trips, activities, etc. BLack Rock is a lovely little village so far !! But if you are all alone, do be careful on the beach, etc. There are a few shysters around even there, like the man who runs you way up the beach to see the turtles laying, then demands LOTS of money after he walks you back home. DON"T FALL FOr him; HE TURNS QUITE NASTY. ASK PRINCE TO ARRANGE YOUR TAXIS IF YOU DO NOT RENT A CAR; HE KNOWS DEPENDABLE AND HONEST TAXI DRIVERS. Befirend the family next door, as they also can be helpful looking out fr strangers around the beach house when you are out, etc. They were very kind to us. HAve several little kids, so take some candies and bouncey balls or crayons, etc. They are polite and do not bug you; the parents do not encourage them to visit you, so you have to go across the driveway to take the little gifts to them. we loved it there. NOvie

Get answers to your questions about Tobago
Recent Conversations