We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arnos Vale

florida
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Arnos Vale

Forty years ago, we had a magnificent stay at Arnos Vale. We loved everything about the place, especially its gorgeous, natural grounds and its superb snorkeling. Also the fact that one could round a point on the beach and go on to many beautiful, private pocket beaches, one after another. I've read repeatedly that the Arnos Vale resort has gone way downhill from those glorious days.

Here's what I'm wondering: Is there a resort on Tobago today where one can find the same degree of privacy and also the spectacular snorkeling off the beach as at Arnos Vale of yesteryear? We're not at all interested in taking a boat out to snorkel-- only like going places where we can have great snorkeling right off the beach (as in St John, Virgin Gorda, e.g.)

Would LOVE to return to Tobago. Thanks for help.

nyc
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arnos Vale

Forty years is a long time and my first trip was also over forty years and i have seen the changes because i go back every year.Snorkelling off the beach can still be done in Speyside and will see some fishes but not much,it's still a relaxing island but if your main reason is snorkelling,stick to Cozumel,Bonaire,St John etc.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Arnos Vale

Tobago is far from what it was forty years ago...unfortunately tourism is creeping in and making its ugly toll.Reefs are dead/dying from tourists walking on them...crime is almost rampant...and prices are soaring...greed etc. Have fun with what is left.....the government is not doing much to alleviate the problems. Sad but true. Best wishes to you.

3. Re: Arnos Vale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Tobago
Recent Conversations