We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Crown Point area

Trinidad
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Accommodation in Crown Point area

Has anyone ever stayed at SeaConch apartments? I just came across their website and the rooms look pretty nice http://seaconchapartments.com/index.html

I was initially leaning towards staying at Crown Point Hotel www.crownpointbeachhotel.com but heard that the rooms are a bit run down and the service is poor. But I love the fact that it's on the beach.

Looking for other options in that area that are affordable and don't require a car rental.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in Crown Point area

The Seaconch's are in the middle of the Crown Pt area and very close to the airport and all amenities....about a 5-6 min walk to the beach. There are other options that are closer to the beach. May I suggest you take a look at www.mytobago.info and go to the accommodations section....this website is very informative regarding this. Conrado is right on the beach and close to everything....Jimmy's holiday resort gets good reviews and Surfside is ideally located, but don't know what the rooms are like. See the above link for more info....good luck!

YYC
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in Crown Point area

Sea Conch apartments are in an excellent location in Crown Point. Have never stayed there, however have walked past them many many times. Two years ago they were renamed and painted ( used to be called Crooks Apartments). They never seem to have a lot of guests and noise might be a factor as they have one bar behind,the Iguana restaurant in front, both of which can have loud music until quite late in the evening. Across the street about 100m is a party hall that can on occasion have loud music as well. If you are late night party people this would not be a problem.

My suggestion would be to book one night then look around the neighborhood as there are several places in the immediate area to stay at. With tourism on the island being hit hard due to increasing crime and the recession it will not be hard to find a place to stay.

Trinidad
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation in Crown Point area

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I was able to book one of the privately owned apartments at Crown Point Hotel. Will give my review when I return

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
56 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation in Crown Point area

I'm a HUGE fan of Kariwak and that's where I stay every time I'm in Tobago. You're about a five-minute walk from the airport; about eight minutes from Store Bay Beach and surrounded by restaurants. Kariwak has a restaurant on its premises and the food is absolutely divine. Check out their website, I think you'll find it pretty amazing. Enjoy your stay in Tobago!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation in Crown Point area

I agree. karawak is a great place to stay..Love the menu as well. Let us know how you do!

Level Contributor
204 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation in Crown Point area

I thought Crown Point Hotel was pretty much all newly renovated?? When we were there in 2007 they were finishing up renos to the pool area, etc., but we haven't stayed there yet, so cannot be sure. You cannot beat that spot for access to the beach on Store BAy, and the pool is really nice on days that it's too rough to swim in the ocean.(they do close the beach occasionally) Also, there are life guards at Store Bay, and security guards patrolling all around the property, which is a fair deterrent to crime, but not 100%!!! We have stayed at Johnston's Apartment several times right on Store Bay but unless you get the 3 bedroom, their rooms are decidedly "tired"....some are down-right EXHAUSTED!!! However, this area is so central, and close to airport,banks,food kiosks etc., that it's perfect otherwise.

UK
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation in Crown Point area

Another recommendation for the Kariwak Village Hotel where we had a very enjoyable stay last year.

It is very well located just a 10 minute walk from Store Bay; 5 minutes from the airport where you can get local taxis to visit the other parts of the island.

The hotel is a place of calm and tranquility, the rooms are in comfortable, rustic bungalows set in the beautifully landscaped gardens, the staff always friendly, welcoming and helpful, the quality of the food in the restaurant superb.

Enjoy!

8. Re: Accommodation in Crown Point area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Tobago