We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

crown point beach hotel

norway
11 posts
Save Topic
crown point beach hotel

Hey!

I heard some rumors that the hotel is closed, due some reparation or something.Does anyone know anything about this?

I thought about going there in february,but if its closed,I can`t.

Are there any similar hotel to crown point,cause I liked that hotel very much!

Best regards from Holachick.

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: crown point beach hotel

Hi holachick

You could email the hotel on

crownpoint@trinidad.net or telephone them on

+1 868 639 8781

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: crown point beach hotel

forgot to add you could look the the Johnstone Apartments located within the same grounds as Crown Point Hotel their telphone no

is 868 639 8915

edmonton
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: crown point beach hotel

I will be staying at crown point in Dec.2005 and apparently the reno's should be done by the end of Dec. if not sooner. I will be back on Jan.5th 2006 and I will let you know if they are completed. As it stands right now they are held up with the rain, but are doing there best.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: crown point beach hotel

We are staying at the Johnston Apt's in Dec and I e-mailed the Crown Point Hotel to see if their pool and restaurant would be operational....answer received back via e-mail was no.

Does anyone have any updates to my info?

norway
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: crown point beach hotel

Hey guys!

Thank you for all the answers and that you took the time to do it for me!

Best regards from Norway-girl.

norway
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: crown point beach hotel

.....and if you noticed it....holachick and sky-diving girl is the same person...couldn`t find my password:o)

Level Contributor
201 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: crown point beach hotel

Hey, Holachick! Just back from 2 weeks at Johnston's, next door to Crown Point Hotel. We spent an hour or so watching the construction one afternoon, and believe me, it's certainly not finished yet.The pool is completely ripped apart and the restaurant GONE but they THINK it may be done end of Jan. I have my doubts! Going to be very pretty when done, tho'.We found Johnston's perfect: 50 metres from the beach, clean and safe and staff very helpful. DId miss having the restaurant next door, tho' but there are many fine spots nearby. Try the Cafe Coco for a really nice menu and atmosphere. Just a nice dress or skirt. Excellent food and service. Also Pelican Reef was nice, but we did have some troubles with the bills there.And the little food stands behind the kiosks there sell excellent local food, reasonably priced. Novie

norway
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: crown point beach hotel

Hey Novie!!!

Thank you for the information!I bet the Johnstons Apartment is good to,I saw the place last year,when we stayed at the C.P.and it looked nice.

But it`s strange that they still rent rooms for people,when it`s under constructions????...hmmmm

Well now I know about it,and will rather stay at the next door hotel:o)

Thank you very much again,Novie:o)

Hugs from cold cold Norway:o)

9. Re: crown point beach hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2006, 23:41
edmonton
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: crown point beach hotel

Hello holachick,

Just returned from Tobago on Jan.5 2006. The reno's are not done as of yet but the pool looks like it is almost done. I don't think everything will be fully operational until feb. sometime. The reno's didnt really bother our stay there, and if you stay in a cabana you wont barely even notice them. We thought not having a pool facilatey would be a huge downfall but as it turned out, it was nice to see the kids swimming in the ocean alot more than on previous vacations.

Enjoy your stay!

Get answers to your questions about Tobago
Recent Conversations