We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coco reef and other beach hotels

Birmingham, England
Level Contributor
269 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Coco reef and other beach hotels

More specifically than my general thread on beaches can anyone recommend Coco Reef or others from the perspective of being day visitors wanting a good beach experience and being prepared to pay an entry fee? I've read about some of the 'resorts' being run down but would like the option of a resort for a more 'looked after' beach experience. Are visitors allowed to use the pools also at these places?

UK
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Coco reef and other beach hotels

Never heard of Coco Reef charging day admission, but someone will know the answer.

Try Pigeon Point resort for day "liming", or forget the beaches and feel like a hollywood star for the day - buy lunch at the fabulous Villas at Stonehaven and they let you use their awesome infinity pool and loungers (bring own towels). Lunches are good and surprisingly affordable, plus you will almost always have the pool to yourself - since the villas have similar, albeit smaller, private pools. Enjoy.

Surrey
Destination Expert
for Tobago
Level Contributor
498 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coco reef and other beach hotels

I can agree with Caribbean Beau (this time!), Lunch then a swim at Stonehaven villas is a great idea. The food is very reasonable and you will probably have the pool to yourself! The staff are actually very friendly and attentive as well. I don't think they'll be prepared to put oil on your back though!

Maybe try a day at Turtle Beach? The beach there is good and they may do a day pass in the hotel. Their pool is quite new though I seem to remember the pina coladas were rather weak......Otherwise you can get a beach experience at Castara's Little Bay, no hustlers and The Boathouse is right there for drinks and lunch ( not Saturdays ) as Sharon usually has a day off and goes to......guess where..........Stonehaven for lunch !

Tobago
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Coco reef and other beach hotels

You can get a day pass to Coco Reef (sorry can't remember how much it is but it's not cheap), but honestly you are probably better paying less to enter Pigeon Point, where you will still have plenty of facilities and more choice in terms of eating/drinking options (even cocktails from Basso's bar and a good sunday lunch from the same!). The pool at Coco Reef is also quite small, really the attraction is the larger, calm area of saltwater within the manmade breakwater. If you want to see what is there, go for a drink one evening and take a wander around.

Castara I would also second as a place where you have most things easily accessible without having to come off the beach, altho I would not bother with Turtle Beach as the beach is public and the hotel itself is nothing special.

4. Re: Coco reef and other beach hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 21:16
Get answers to your questions about Tobago