We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

crime in Tobago

Stratford-upon-Avon...
Level Contributor
1 post
76 reviews
Save Topic
crime in Tobago

I am due to go to Tobago in a few days time and I have just been passed a newspaper article about the rising levels of crime particularly robbery on beaches etc. Can anyone advise? We are staying at the Mount Hay Retreat but will obviously be travelling around.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Reply
31. Re: crime in Tobago

PS- Any of the guys who do tours to No Mans, knows Randolf...I used to work on one of the tours when I lived there. He is well known. They all know him! I'm sure T4L would do you the favour! in April.

Trinidad
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
32. Re: crime in Tobago

Randolf is the best. I have a nice photo that I need to send to him and I don't think I can wait till next year.

Thanks Trini4Life. Can you perhaps e-mail me at christina_daniella@hotmail.com so I can arange to send the photo to you. If I put it the mail this weekend you should get it in time.

But yes once again I will say Tobago is very safe in my opnion and Trindad all though crazy if you keep your head on right you will be safe there too.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: crime in Tobago

littlered,tourism does mostly good to third world countries,tourist dont do the crimes,they are usually the victims.Crime in Trinidad and Jamaica has excalated since the US government started deporting felons that were not born in the USA,i dont blame the US but i blame the Trinidad gov of not keeping track of the skums,they are left free to roam and commit the kidnappings,killings etc.We should have learned when Castro sent a boatload of them to Miami.I have a zero telerance for crime and would defend anyone even if it involves getting hurt or killed( i have been in a few situations like that), but most people prefer to turn the other way.

34. Re: crime in Tobago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2006, 07:21
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: crime in Tobago

callaloo,did the whole scotch bonnet pepper you put in the soup burst and your mouth was burning?Thats why it took you so long to reply back ! or did you have to wait until Littlered made the comment?I think we got it already from littlered,now please dont try and start something because i am an old battle ax.

Loveland
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: crime in Tobago

To Littleredsister, callaloo, Novie and anyone else who have been offended by my comments on this thread:

I wish to extend my deepest, heartfelt and sincere apologies if I have offended you. It certainly was not my intent.

I am a fun-loving person; I tend to be flamboyant and off-color at times. But those who do know me find me to be caring, loving, giving, compassionate, understanding, warm, non-judgmental, passionate, honest and sincere.

I wish you much joy and happiness; both in your everyday life and in your travels. I have always strived to be the "bigger person!" loveallinclusives!

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: crime in Tobago

loveall,that was very nice of you to apologise,but i dont think you needed to.I have seen other people on different topics carry on a full conversation for weeks.

Loveland
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: crime in Tobago

I felt it was the right thing to do, Trini! Thank you for standing by me. I appreciate YOU so much. We will share each other privately from now on via e-mail.

love

Loveland
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: crime in Tobago

Good night, Babe!

love

Get answers to your questions about Tobago
Recent Conversations