We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas and New Years in Tobago - weather???

ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas and New Years in Tobago - weather???

Hi,

My wife and I (early 30s) are considering spending Christmas and New Years in Tobago. We are hoping to arrive on the island around the 11th of December.

We are concerned about the weather in December. I know it is the month between the rainy season and dry season. Some weather charts claim that the average rain in Tobago during December is 150mm (5.9 inches) with 15 rain days. Some blogs are saying that it just rains at night, is there any truth in this?

As we are looking for a holiday with sun so we can snorkel, swim, relax, run, etc…. I don’t mind the odd shower here and there, but if there are entire days of rain probably not so good.

I would appreciate some information on the type of rain during December and if it is a good place to have a ‘sun’ holiday during December.

Thank you in advance,

Edited: 08 July 2012, 23:49
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
9,880 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas and New Years in Tobago - weather???

I have spent several holidays in Tobago and don't remember days of pouring rain; the weather was as you imagine it--bursts of rain.

That said, changing weather patterns due to global warming seem to have made the charts obsolete!

Edited: 09 July 2012, 03:07
ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas and New Years in Tobago - weather???

Thank you for your reply.

Were you in Tobago during December for your several holidays?

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
9,880 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas and New Years in Tobago - weather???

Yes, generally for two weeks during Xmas and NYE.

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas and New Years in Tobago - weather???

Do visit.

It would not rain everyday of your vacation and we hardly get days of all day rain.

Historical weather data isn't a good indicator anymore because we been having mixed weather-rain in dry season, sun in wet season.

Also a something to keep in mind is tht 25th Dec, 26th Dec and 1st Jan are Public Holidays.

ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas and New Years in Tobago - weather???

Thank you for that info, very helpful.

6. Re: Christmas and New Years in Tobago - weather???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Tobago
Recent Conversations