We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moped motorbike rental/hire

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
moped motorbike rental/hire

for getting around , are there mopeds for hire in tobago ? if so how much approx . thanks ;)

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: moped motorbike rental/hire

I know in Trinidad mopeds cannot be driven on the Highways so it should be same for Tobago as its same Traffic Act.

Anyway, rental of a motorbike starts from around US$27/day.

Tobago
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: moped motorbike rental/hire

Mopeds and scooters are available but can't help you with prices, sorry.

Try contacting Sheppy's car rental - I believe he is one of the places that rent what you are looking for.

Our only "highway" is barely a main road (unlike Trinidad).... car, cart, bike, scooter, horse, dog all use the same road!!

Tobago
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: moped motorbike rental/hire

There is also a rental place for motorbikes / mopeds on the main road through Canaan, just oppostie Viewport supermarket. You could check it out when you reach if you don't get any luck before

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: moped motorbike rental/hire

wow , expensive hey !

thanks for replies ;-)

Surrey
Destination Expert
for Tobago
Level Contributor
515 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: moped motorbike rental/hire

Hire a car....................................!

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: moped motorbike rental/hire

I rented a car last week for $390TT for the day. Not sure if that's a normal price. From airport I walked to the car rental place and got the car.

I had previously rented from Sheppy's but they had no car available for that day and two other places near airport also didn't have any available. I guess with it being August they were all booked up.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
787 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: moped motorbike rental/hire

390TT for the day!!?!?!?!!! Wow, their prices have gotten ridiculous! That's $60 canadian which is outrageous. They might price themselves right out of business. :(

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: moped motorbike rental/hire

I checked some rental companies websites and the price is around $55-60US/day. The suv's go at higher rate. Then you have to fill up on gas when you are returning the vehicle. They seem to be doing well since all their vehicles were out in 3 of the places I checked at.

When renting a vehicle they also put a hold on your credit card for some amount like $1000US in case of accident.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
787 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: moped motorbike rental/hire

I also since checked around and found much better car rental rates. Not as bad as $390 TT

Surrey
Destination Expert
for Tobago
Level Contributor
515 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: moped motorbike rental/hire

The car rental rates may look expensive but they do reflect the investment made in them . Second hand imported Japanese cars attract, I think 100% import duty with adequate insurance rates high as well.? Used cars are to the European or North American eye extremely expensive to buy. Consequently cars are well looked after, cosmetically at least, and are kept on the road as long as possible.

Buying petrol on the other hand is one of the unadvertised attractions to visiting Tobago!

When did you last say "fill'er up" and get change from a £10 note?

Get answers to your questions about Tobago
Recent Conversations