We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rex Resort Accomodations

fort worth
Level Contributor
205 posts
204 reviews
Save Topic
Rex Resort Accomodations

Fellow travellers,

I have a question. I am going to be staying at the Rex Resort Tobago arriving on 12/13/12 and departing on 12/17/12.

I am travelling solo and need a little rooms advice.

What is the difference between the 3 types of rooms offered at the resort. I want to stay close to the pool and yet have an updated/renovated room.

I can afford the comfort sea facing AI but I don't want to have to walk 10 minutes to get to the pool.

Any sugestions as to rooms/room number and building?

Does anybody have a map/website of the layout of the hotel?

I really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jeff

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rex Resort Accomodations

I stayed in room 208. It was an upper level room that was about a 1min walk to the pool and dining area and lobby.

That room could accommodate 4. Within this room there was a single bed that was in its own small room.

The room opposite mine had one bed that could accommodate two persons.

fort worth
Level Contributor
205 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rex Resort Accomodations

Thanks for the update. I wanted a room close to the pool and yet a short walk to the beach as I enjoy most of my time by the pool. From comments I've read about the hotel it appears some of the rooms have been updated.

Was you room in a story complex and did it come with a fridge?

How was your view from your balcony? Was it unobstructed?

Looking to hear from you on the update.

Jeff

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
779 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rex Resort Accomodations

Nothing is a ten minute walk from the pool. Turtle Beach is not like some of the mega all inclusives like in say Cuba or DR etc. The hotel itself runs along the beach with a big lawn and some palms in between. Inside the rooms, I couldn't tell you as I haven't stayed they for years. I go for a day by the pool every now and then.....do some lunch and let the kids swim as the pool area is nice.

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rex Resort Accomodations

I was there last year but I read somewhere this year that they were doing renovations.

The room I was in was on 2nd level. Had to go up wooden stairs to get to it. Have to be careful if rain falls and the stairs get wet. There were rooms on lower level below mine and my room and 2 other was above that. There are pics in the hotel review on Tripadvisor.

Yes, there was a small fridge in the room. Mini bar size. And tea making facilities.

My view was un obstructed. And I had a nice view of the pool. The balcony has a table and chairs.

The Hotel is practically on the beach so not far to get on the beach from any of the rooms. The pool is closer for rooms near Lobby though.

Others in my group got rooms further down from mine and said it was a long walk to get to dining area/pool/Lobby. I didn't walk it so can't comment on how long that walk really is. Don't think it is 10mins though.

Edited: 24 October 2012, 11:16
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
779 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rex Resort Accomodations

if you google a map of Tobago and take a look the length of the rooms complex for the entire resort is about 500-600 ft long....so not a long walk like the mega all inclusives.

You can also google Turtle Beach Rex Resorts and there are numerous pictures.

6. Re: Rex Resort Accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Tobago