We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange rate at present

London, England
Level Contributor
414 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Exchange rate at present

Hi,

I was going to get a small amount of money changed into TTD before I come out and then take some sterling to change out there. Current excahng rate is£1 GBP to $9.16 TTD. Does that sound reasonable or is the rate way off and betterchanging all money once out there eg at the airport? Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Exchange rate at present

Yes I have used Ice at waterloo station before for euros and the rate was very good . I used Thomas exchange today nr Oxford Circus for tt dollars. It was one of the best rates recommended on Moneysaving Expert website. I am retired and have a travel pass so it was no bother for me to travel there on the tube.

London, England
Level Contributor
414 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Exchange rate at present

I had the online rates thanks, was more looking for local exchange rates not global ones. I usually use Ace FX who were showing the rate of £1 to 9.16 TTD as per my original post. Thanks to those for the local rates, I think a small amount exchanged before I go and change some there sounds like the best plan. Thanks for all the responses :)

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
787 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Exchange rate at present

what is ICE? (in Canada here)

Edited: 01 April 2013, 14:20
Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
445 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Exchange rate at present

I think it stands for 'international currency exchange' and we do have that in canada.... here is the link i found... ice-canada.ca/click-and-collect-travel-money/

15. Re: Exchange rate at present

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Tobago
Recent Conversations