We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August weather - please advise!!

northampton, uk
Level Contributor
36 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
August weather - please advise!!

Hi - itching to go to Tobago and looking at August - its hard for me other times as teacher so tied to school hols.

Anyway, whats the weather like? Its the wet season, right? meaning what? Im imagining blue skies, humidity and intermittent torrential downpours.

Its my first time ever to the Caribbean and i want blue sky at least !!

Thank you............looking forward to it already, so cannot wait, will shutup now..............

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: August weather - please advise!!

The weather pattern has been changing for the past 20 years and it's almost impossible to predict.We have had lots of rain in the dry season and no rain in the wet season some years.

northampton, uk
Level Contributor
36 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: August weather - please advise!!

OK - great, thanks for your reply . Am seriously excited about this trip!

Trinidad
Level Contributor
831 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: August weather - please advise!!

Usually the rain comes in short thundershowers that generally blow over quickly. Not like london rain..... The rain should not stop you from doing any activity. If you get wet....well you are on vacation....the water is warm, so enjoy it.

It will usually rain in the afternoon between 12noon and 2pm. Typical convenctional rain showers which help cool down the place. There is humidity, but it is not stifiling.

Don't let overcast day stop you from going to the beach. You might be glad for some cloud cover to protect you from the sun. Remember you can still get sunburn on overcast day, so use your sun block.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: August weather - please advise!!

Just walk with an umbrella in your bag or a fold up raincoat.I used to walk with a cutlass and look for a banana tree and cut a leaf to shelter with,but the police stop meh from doing that.

Level Contributor
204 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: August weather - please advise!!

GOod Lord, Trini 4.... a wonder they didn't arrest you! How the HEck are you doing anyway???Novie

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: August weather - please advise!!

Novie,i thought you forgot about me,i sent you an email and did not get a reply.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: August weather - please advise!!

Dear Ezmee- have lived in Tobago from May to Sept twice. Once in 1989 and once in 2001. The weather was different in August both times. "Rainy" season and dry season tends to change every year now with the weather patterns changing yearly due to the so called 'global' warming pattern. Not to worry as the rain is welcome and not a big 'monsoon' thing. It's actually welcomed in the heat! I've always said i don't like the 'dry' season (whenever that is...not predictable either anymore!) ...as everything is brown and not very pretty...so enjoy the rainy season!...and don't worry...blue sky will smile on you!

cheers

northampton, uk
Level Contributor
36 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: August weather - please advise!!

thank you everyone for all your replies! very grateful - littleredsister - thanks, i want to see tobago all lush and green so next august it is ------oohh booking it tomorrow!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: August weather - please advise!!

Dear Ezmee....hope you enjoy...i've been going for 20 yrs now and have lived there off and on for the same. The only time I can say I didn't like the weather WAS during the dry season....very dry, hot and not very green.....rainy season is actually lovely! Hope you love it either way. Tobago has a way of getting under your skin! Please enjoy as much as I.

Lil red....cheers

Trinidad and Tobago
Level Contributor
173 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: August weather - please advise!!

Nobody tell them to make sure and get there for Great Race? First week of August, isn't it?

Get answers to your questions about Tobago