We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not worried!!!

sussex
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Topic
Not worried!!!

Thanks everyone for all your help and info, We have no concerns about our holiday anymore! Just looking forward to some rum, sun,sea and lime time !!!

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not worried!!!

When will you be visiting?

Enjoy your stay!

sussex
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Not worried!!!

Hi, Will be there in April at Grafton beach but will be doing lots of moving about maybe short stay in Castara

Toronto
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Not worried!!!

Yavash,

All surprisingly naïve of you, given the latest comments on crime by the President of Tobago Tourism this week in the Tobago News and the many reader comments.

Suggest you read and digest this article although I wish you a happy and SAFE holiday.

Regards

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
779 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Not worried!!!

Have an awesome time yavash. We are once again booked for Feb/March. Looking forward to it as always.

london
Level Contributor
85 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Not worried!!!

Enjoy your holiday, I'm so jealous! Especially in April, we were told they have some goat and crab racing over in Buccoo which sounds fun.

@Toronto you sounds like a broken record, honestly. Thousands of people go to T&T every year and have a great time, try not to only focus on the (less than) 1% of those who don't.

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Not worried!!!

We can't dismiss entirely all that he is saying.... exercise same precautions as you would at home or anywhere else in World. Don't flash cash, leave valuables laying around etc etc. I think we all know it, some just throw all caution to the wind sometimes.

When I went to Paris I was sitting on the benches near Eiffel Tower and saw pickpockets and other schemes in action. I had read about it all on TA Paris Forum but that didn't stop me from visiting.

london
Level Contributor
85 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Not worried!!!

Exactly, perfect advice!

It just seems to be from reading all these boards that Toronto Flying Fish has a particular bugbear about T&T and is excessively highlighting crime. There's no reason for Yavash to be worried about going to T&T more than anywhere else in the world, and he certainly isn't naive for looking forward to his holiday.

As you say just be aware of your surroundings as you would do anywhere.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
779 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Not worried!!!

Here here!!

9. Re: Not worried!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Tobago