We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going to tobago from trinidad

Worcester...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
going to tobago from trinidad

What's the best transportation from Trinidad to Tobago?

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: going to tobago from trinidad

Cheapest is by boat. Fastest is by plane.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,998 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: going to tobago from trinidad

Take the plane ... it's cheap enough. And there's always the chance you will get seasick on the boat. I did and I was not the only one - there were about 30 or 40 who did. But I went by boat only because I was taking a vehicle over.

Edited: 05 March 2014, 23:25
trinidad
Level Contributor
250 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: going to tobago from trinidad

Roughly 30 pounds sterling for return Trinidad/Tobago which is at todays rate or TT$300.00 for a 20 minutes flight and you see the island from above and the lovely feeling approaching Crown Point Airport. You can rent a car from the airport, if you are going for a day you can just chill at Store Bay which is in walking distance and there are booths at the location where they serve hot food cooked onsite. There is also a bar serving cold drinks and chilled water for your relaxation. From there too you can go on a boat ride to visit the nylon pool and look at corals underwater.

Leeds, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: going to tobago from trinidad

I would also recommend flying. We did this in February, this is a short flight with no service in the air. I recall that the flight from Trinidad over to Tobago was about 18 minutes and the views were lovely.

We got to the airport far too early and after check in sat in the shade near the car park and finished our bottles of water, once you have gone through security you are 'stuck' at the gate. An Austin Powers movie was showing on a screen at the gate which was really weird.

These flights are known as the 'airbridge', very frequent at peak times but still run regularly throughout the day.

I always carry a lighter for my citronella candles and this was confiscated at POS.

Happy Travels

LW

5. Re: going to tobago from trinidad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Tobago