We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purchasing Ferry Tickets

Maturin, Venezuela
1 post
Save Topic
Purchasing Ferry Tickets

My husband and I are arriving in Port of Spain on a Sunday evening (after 5 pm) and would like to take the 6:30 am ferry on Monday morning to Tobago. I read that you can purchase tickets in advance, but only in person at specific travel agencies. We have considered purchasing tickets on the morning of but read that the office doesn't open until after 7:30 am. Is it possible to purchase tickets the same day around 5:00 am? Or do we need to get to a travel agent on Sunday evening to buy tickets?

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Purchasing Ferry Tickets

I don't think any of the Agents open at 5am.

When do you want these tickets for?

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Purchasing Ferry Tickets

You can ask your Hotel if they can assist in purchasing the tickets for you.

trinidad
Level Contributor
250 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Purchasing Ferry Tickets

ttiferry.com

This is the official website for the Trinidad and Tobago Port Authority who are responsible for the ferry from Port of Spain to Tobago. Under is the listing for the opening hours and check the website for other information or to contact they via e-mail.

Port of Spain Terminal

Wrightson Road, Port of Spain, Trinidad

Office hours (Port of Spain only) are Monday to Friday - 7.30am to 4.00pm.

•(868) 625-4906

•(868) 625-3055

Tobago Terminal

Scarborough, Tobago

•(868) 639-2417

•(868)-639-4906

• (868) 639-2181 (cargo)

Edited: 31 March 2014, 17:57
Tobago
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Purchasing Ferry Tickets

It is normally possible to purchase tickets at the port ticket office before the 6.30am sailing - but to be on the safe side I would suggest calling the number given in the post above to confirm that.

I think it's unlikely you will find any of the travel agents open on a Sunday evening.

5. Re: Purchasing Ferry Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Tobago