We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

edris

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
edris

Has anyone come across a lady taxi driver called Edris who works mainly out of the Rex turtle beach ?

i would like to know how she is please.

cfc

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: edris

YES!! I know her well! I saw her in January and we spent about an hour together. She is very well and still working. I don't know if you know her partner/boyfriend Superville? He is a taxi driver as well. She was telling me that he is not doing so well, but is managing okay. I met him first back in 1987 and we became good friends....then he introduced me to Edris and her son. She taught me how to crochet because I taught her how to knit!! Small world.

Lil Red

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: edris

thank you so very much for your reply.

We are returning this year for our fourth visit and would very much like to see her again.

I was unaware she had a partner or a son,just a sister in the UK.

Thanks again

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: edris

No problem. I was very happy to see her last year....I just wish I could have seen Superville, he is a very kind man and has been a friend for years. Because I had my children with me, our large family there kept us busy. When are you going this year? I'm hoping to do February....kids school marks pending. I had met her son separately and didn't know he was Edris's son for years!! until a Canadian tourist here had asked me to bring something for him to Tobago. When I called, Edris (unknown to me on the phone) stated he was abroad, but she would come and pick up the parcel. When she did, we just laughed at what a small world it was.....when she showed me his picture.....I knew him! Tobagonians don't like to talk about their personal life too much.....not like the english or us canadians!!

Hope you have a wonderful time

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: edris

Gonig back next year.was married there around six years ago.

been back twice

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: edris

Married around six years ago?You not sure?Must have been a wild wedding if you cant remember the exact year.Dont feel too bad,i can't remember mine also.

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: edris

Lil , we would very much like to meet her again.If you speak to her will you remember us to her.She came to our wedding in 2001 and drove us around ie to the local gov offices and some sight seeing !

thanks

cfc

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: edris

cfc...will do if I see her. The best place to find her or leave a message for her is the taxi stand at Rex Turtle Beach. I haven't made definate plans for travel as of yet.

lil Red.

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: edris

thanx mate.I have her home phone number and addy but she never seems to be at home.May try a Sunday next time eh?

9. Re: edris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 14:19
Get answers to your questions about Tobago
Recent Conversations