We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

diving in tobago

NORTH YORKSHIRE
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Topic
diving in tobago

hi.my husband is a keen scuba diver and we are booked to go to

coco reef in february,any comments on the diving there would be appreciated and if any one can recommend a dive centre that would be great!!

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: diving in tobago

Hi the folks you need are called r&c dive, very nice guys from the UK. check the nett for the site mate !

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: diving in tobago

Rayy , i forgot to say these guys based at crown point and will collect you from your hotel and take you back free of charge.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: diving in tobago

Frontier Diver, Extra Divers Worldwide, Wild Turtle Dive Safari are good dive operators. Mind you there are many, many outfits in Tobago, mostly owned and operated by locals which know the areas well. Make sure you do a dive up in Speyside....it's amazing! For a list/review check out

www.mytobago.info and check out the choices and information.

Mentioned in this post
Tobago
Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago
NORTH YORKSHIRE
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: diving in tobago

what about the company based at coco reef itself,Ithink they are called undersea tobago or something like that?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: diving in tobago

Yes, they are called Undersea Tobago.

Mentioned in this post
Tobago
Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago
Tobago
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: diving in tobago

Undersea Tobago is right there at Coco Reef - the dive shop is run by Derek Chung and his wife... they have a good crew and two boats.

They and R&Sea are always rated very highly. I don't think you can go wrong with either. I would also recommend checking out the dive section on www.mytobago.info

Mentioned in this post
Tobago
Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago
Coco Reef Resort & Spa Tobago
Coco Reef Resort & Spa...
1,593 Reviews
Tobago
Trinidad
Level Contributor
240 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: diving in tobago

Hi Rayy,

I will second both R&Sea and Wild Turtle Dive Safari. Both are in Crown Point. Both I've used and both great service.

As a keen diver I also think you should definitely get out to Speyside. Check out Blue Waters Inn, Tobago Dive Experience, and Manta Dive.

Some sites I enjoy- are Cathedral, Flying manta, Diver's Dream, MV Maverick (wreck), Flying Reef.

Diving is most always drift diving. Lots of reef and pelagics, baras, stingrays and if you're lucky the occasional manta. Usually great vis as well.

Planning to 'get wet' in Tobago next weekend myself.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Tobago
Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago
Blue Waters Inn
Blue Waters Inn
678 Reviews
Tobago
8. Re: diving in tobago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Tobago