We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water sports at Turtle Beach by rex

UK
Level Contributor
79 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Water sports at Turtle Beach by rex

Hello, could somebody please tell me if there are any watersports available in the sea at the Turtle Beach? My children and husband like to be active on holiday, water skiing, surfing, kayaking etc, and not sure if any of this is available?

Any information greatly received!

Also are you able to walk along the beach for nice long walks at Turtle Beach??

Thanks!

Tobago
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Water sports at Turtle Beach by rex

you can walk along the beach from 1 end to another i would say 15mins walk so not that far,water sports are there diving lessons and trips there is kayac there and also a small sail boat but thats pretty much it well it was when i was there 3 time's last week.not really alot to do at the hotel very quite!!

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water sports at Turtle Beach by rex

You can walk along the beach, but it isn't a very long walk from one end to the other.

They do have kayaks available for use, but the kayaking is a bit dull - just paddling around in the bay. We did see some fellows tackle the passageway between the rocky shore and rock outcroppings at one side of the bay, which looked to be the only interesting spot, but they had a pretty rough ride, flipped over, and gave it up immediately. So,we decided not to venture over there.

They also had a small sailboat, but I don't think we ever saw anyone use it during the week we were there.

Tobago
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Water sports at Turtle Beach by rex

Unfortunately the dive shop at Turtle Beach suffered a fire a couple of weeks ago which destroyed some of the equipment - not sure how much of the water sports equipment was affected, but as PP"s have said, there was a small sailing boat and kayaks. How far you can go with these really depends on the sea conditions while you are here.

You might also consider heading down to Pigeon Point for a day or two - the Windsurf centre there also rents out watersports equipment and I believe they may do water skiing. If not, try kite surfing!

Hope you enjoy your stay!

phila usa
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Water sports at Turtle Beach by rex

google ..RADICAL TOURS TOBAGO.they are at pigeon point they have a lot of watersports available. I am not sure about Turtle beach.

Edited: 22 January 2011, 22:28
Essex
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water sports at Turtle Beach by rex

We have stayed at Turtle Beach several times and my husband is a keen windsurfer and watersports enthusiast. We always go to Pigeon Point and use the facilities there which he has always found to be excellent.

UK
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water sports at Turtle Beach by rex

Just back from TB. The dive shop is open for business - although no Nitrox at the moment. As the other posts say - not really much going on at TB as far as watersports go. Not sure when you are going but there weren't any children there either last month.

7. Re: Water sports at Turtle Beach by rex

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2012, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Scarborough