We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible last minute Solo trip to Magdalena- NEED HELP!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Possible last minute Solo trip to Magdalena- NEED HELP!

Hi All

I have been tossing and turning with where to take myself for holiday as I have some time off end of Jan and found a deal on travel Zoo for singles and was thinking of going for it, however after reading the reviews im scared that I will be completely stuck at the resort, tbh, I dont mind this as the point of this trip would be to relax, however would like to venture for a couple of days here and there off the resort without feeling like im paying the equivalent of my accomodation for taxi fares..

so long story short...

How much are taxis to the surrounding areas (bars/club/anywhere)? are they safe for a solo female?

Please reply as your comments would swing it either way!

Thakns

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,280 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible last minute Solo trip to Magdalena- NEED HELP!

There are taxis. There are several tour guides who will come, pick you up and take you around the island. Try this website for further information and tour operators http://www.mytobago.info/

Taxis you have to barter, but the front desk should be able to advise what is adequate amount to pay.

Port of Spain...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Possible last minute Solo trip to Magdalena- NEED HELP!

We've been to Tobago several times and some of them were charged fortunes for taxis and cheated on itineraries, but the last time we discovered a guy called Ram, he has a taxi service and was not expensive. We were a group of ten as his taxi is a van, so I am not sure the price would be as convenient for a single traveller, but it may be worth trying. His number is 868 708 3014, and he is really an honest guy and he will take you where you want to go or make suggestions as to places you should visit.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
788 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Possible last minute Solo trip to Magdalena- NEED HELP!

If you read the reviews on TA ......example "Very nice hotel" - by StephanW (7th review down) ...he states there are two free trips daily from the hotel to Pidgeon Pt and Store Bay.....the latter being fairly close to numerous things in the Crown Point area...but those are day trips. I suggest you read these reviews to get an idea of what to expect. Night life isn't huge in Tobago if you're looking for 'clubs'.....Perhaps Barbado's is more your style (original plan if I remember correctly). Cheers!

Edited: 11 January 2013, 04:23
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
788 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Possible last minute Solo trip to Magdalena- NEED HELP!

PS: would not recommend going to the Shade as a solo female.

5. Re: Possible last minute Solo trip to Magdalena- NEED HELP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Scarborough