We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there an all inclusive in Turks and Caicos besides...

NY
6 posts
Save Topic
Is there an all inclusive in Turks and Caicos besides...

I am looking for an all inclusive there but Beaches and Clubmeds are all booked. is there any other all inclusive resort in turks and caicos you might wanna recommend?

thank you in advance

Gatlinburg, TN
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there an all inclusive in Turks and Caicos besides...

I stayed at an all-inclusive resort on Provo called the Allegro Resort. It was great, and I thought the place, (although older) was a much better deal than the beaches or club med, which were over crowded and full of children. We stayed at the resort in June of 2003, and I have since heard that they closed the resort to do renovations, you should check into that place, if it is open and still all inclusive. It had the best beach area of any resort. All the food, drinks, everything you need, was included. I found it affordable and a lot of fun. You definately need to go all inclusive, it is the only way to go on those islands. Let me know if you find any info on the resort.

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there an all inclusive in Turks and Caicos besides...

the allegro closed down in april 2004. the property was sold to a developer to build condos. it will be missed, not 4 star but the best brach in provo.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,472 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there an all inclusive in Turks and Caicos besides...

Once I saw Beaches Resort's beach this June, I missed the Allegro all the more. We had stayed at the Allegro in June, 2002 and fell in love with Grace Bay and Provo. Beaches Resort may have a bit more ambiance around the property than the Allegro had but it's beach can't touch the stretch of beach the Allegro was on. Beaches Resort's beach is narrow, crowded, and littered with vacationer's debris. The Allegro's beach was wide, uncrowded and clean. I'll miss the Allegro and can't wait to see what's to be built on the property. When we were in Provo in June, they had just taken down the last building.

Valencia, Ca
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there an all inclusive in Turks and Caicos besides...

Anyone reading reviews for Beaches can't help but be confused. Some people love it, others wouldn't go back. We've stayed there twice and both times have been pleased. The food is good, the accommodations are nice (we stayed in the French quarters both times). For kids, there are plenty of things to do, and you have your choice of pools. I think the biggest disappointment was the entertainment was severely lacking with what you would expect for big (and expensive) resorts. But all in all, I'd give it a positive review. As far as the island goes, we liked it so much, we ended up buying a house there. We've just always had a great experience with the people who live on the island... although I know that's another area where you'll see mixed reviews. I think some people may simply be spoiled here in the USA with expecting the same service everywhere they go in the world. It doesn't always work that way. Hang loose.

Chicago
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there an all inclusive in Turks and Caicos besides...

Tell me about the food. I realize that some people will like a resort and others won't. I'm interested in what the food is like, say, compared to a cruise. We just got back from Punta Cana and want to go somewhere different next winter. Although I liked the food, the kids were iffy. Thanks for the info.

Get answers to your questions about Turks and Caicos