We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - Meridian Club

Arizona
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report - Meridian Club

Hi - Just returned from a fabulous trip to the Meridian Club on Pine Cay. Everything about the trip was easy (except the red-eye flight to Atlanta), and all I had to do was book the flights and book the room. The Meridian Club staff took care of all the transportation.

The Delta flight from Atlanta to Provo was on time, quick immigration line, found the luggage easily, met by Darius Taxi as soon as we got to the door. We then went directly to a dock area and got on the Meridian Club boat. It was a quick trip to Pine Cay - 15-20 minutes? Then a short golf cart ride to the actual club. (I didn't realize how nice it was to be away from cars until I returned home.)

The beach is amazing, the staff was wonderful, the food was tasty and many options were provided, the snorkeling offered every day off the reef was great, wireless internet access (which helped my peace of mind to get brief messages about the kids back at home), the rooms were comfortable with spacious bath areas and provided easy access to that wonderful beach, sunset happy hour was entertaining and provided opportunities to chat with other guests, and more. We would go back in a minute!

The weather was nice while we were there. When we first arrived it was still and hot, but that evening it stormed and broke the heat. Thankfully the storms did not disrupt the clarity of the water. The water was a little choppy,which I actually enjoyed, but still crystal clear. After that first storm, it rained some every day, but it was refreshing. Last year we were in the Cook Islands also in May, and the rainy weather hung around the whole time and did affect the water clarity.

When we returned home after a week, again everything went smoothly. We boarded the boat, and a storm came up, but the rain stopped by the time we got back to Provo, so we didn't get wet. Then we went back to the airport, and had no issues with the flights or with immigration and customs in Atlanta. They have it well organized in Atlanta.

Great trip!

Southeastern PA
Level Contributor
438 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report - Meridian Club

Glad you had fun, and thanks for sharing. There's not too many reports on here about Meridian Club. Have any pictures to share? :)

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,101 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report - Meridian Club

It's great to read a report from somewhere different-thanks for sharing!  I had better luck than you in Cooks-no rain at all, until the night we left=all the traffic (air, bus, cars, all) were on a transportation strike, and they evacuated the whole island because of it.  It had been sunny all week, and I only missed 1 day, but because of the strike, I was suppose to fly to Fiji, but ended up spending the night in New Zealand.   To make matters crazier-we took off in a Tropical Storm, and people were hyperventalating, taking oxygen hits.  Always an adventure!  So now that I got off track-Pine Cay's beach is stunning isn't it?  ;-)

3. Re: Trip Report - Meridian Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 17:20